Major 1 Robot - Limited production robot toy :)

Atomic Robot Bob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atomic Robot Bob

• Tinplate6

• Mikebot

• Major1Robot

My Major 1 recently arrived. I'm a tin robot guy usually, but I'm really enjoying the Major 1. Seems like he made friends with my Star Strider. 

IMAG0805.jpg

• 4 months later...

So, after I got my Major 1 robot I designed and laser cut an accessory "Charging Station" to display it in.  I had stayed in contact with Ron/Major 1 and he liked my design so much we actually started working together to produce more accessories for a complete retro-styled play-set.

I'm sure there will be an announcement here when Ron's ready, I just thought, in the interest of full disclosure, I'd say that although I was not affiliated with him before, I am now :)

TM Lindsey

Well, gentlemen, I'm sure we are all waiting for your product updates...thanks for all the hard work on behalf of old children everywhere!

12 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Well, gentlemen, I'm sure we are all waiting for your product updates...thanks for all the hard work on behalf of old children everywhere!

I've got to admit, it's been fun to design.  I always made my own accessories and play sets for my robots and Mego figures when I was a kid, so this was like slipping on an old, comfortable sweater.

Granted a sweater that doesn't fit anymore and is really moth-eaten, but still :biggrin:

TM Lindsey

• 1 month later...

For those interested, here is a sneak peak of the six prop pieces (and stickers) I designed & laser cut to go with the Major 1 Robot play-set.

Assembly, painting and additional embellishments by Ron (Major 1) :)

Complete play-set pictures and more info to come soon...

TM Lindsey

M1 Props AD 02.jpg

13 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Wow! Simply stunning!! Will these be produced, or were they simply prototypes?

They were originally intended as just prototypes but the current trade situation with China has eliminated the possibility of having them manufactured.  So they will be laser cut to-order as kits.

More pics and info to come...

TMLindsey

Thanks for compliments I owe it all to Tim...one of the greatest  toy manufactures ever....We have worked very hard to bring a play set to this Robot.... Unfortunately the Major1 Robot was def born in a era where kids have lost interest in playing with toys....what a shame...but no worries us adults still appreciate things like this....should be on line to order by Wed....

Major1