Red Pyrotomic Disintegrator!

dratomic

:) Beautiful hand gun, dratomic! Congrats, the rifle is a bit small in size for me, I agree with you, if it were larger, ... Do you guys know that there were real hand guns that were styled like ray guns? The Whitney Wolverine was a .22 semi automatic hand gun that is so darn cool! It looks like a ray gun. Made in the 1950's, it is a bit rare, I've never neen one for sale, only one for display, nfs. There were both rifles and pistols that used a cartridge that had gas jets out the back of each bullet, when you fired the weapon, the bullet went out under it's own power, not from an explosion that propelled the bullet out. Quite rare, I've only read about them. -Larry 7

:) Next time I visit my dad, I'll pick out a historic firearms book with some pics to scan up of the Whitney.

Other less rare handguns with a bit of futuristic style were some variations of the Colt Woodsman .22, the .22 Ruger automatic is kind of raygun-ish, but not much, the big .44 Automag is futuristic, but the Whitney is the most attractive, like a big ray gun.

There was an art deco-era fishing rod and reel that was all made in one unit that is very space age looking, my dad had bought and sold several of these in the last few years, to my dismay, I might add! I'll see if I can find a picture and more details of them. He told me that they were real fishing equipment, not a child's outfit, they are pretty expensive now, it looked like they were made for outer space fishing. -L7

Found a pic of the Whitney Wolverine. It's definitely got some ray gun styling to it. Actually, it reminds me of those disc guns that came out in the Seventies and Eighties.

post-2-1106432551.jpg

:) Here's a couple of pics of the rod/reel combination from Hurd company from Detroit, probably 1940's, a fishing outfit. It came in a zip up canvas carrying pouch.

post-2-1107005814.jpg

Archived