Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• kennetzel

• Morbius

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

*Altaira and I are curious too about members' interest in Botstock 15 taking place this year and where it might be held so arrangements can be made.  If it's too much for everyone this year maybe next, we've usually had it pegged and planned by February in previous years.

We've had it at Joe's place for like the last 3 years, right? I'm sure he could use a break. Anybody else want to host?

I would personally like to host one...but living in Buffalo, there is nothing her for anyone to see. The closest thing to me that might be of interest to the group is the Strong Museum of Play which is in Rochester at ninety minutes away. There is Niagara Falls too...but that's it.

Same here Ken.  Toronto's no Chicago or New York or Pennsylvania, there's an antique mall that seems to be modelled after your U.S. markets 5 minutes from our home that at present has one plastic space saucer from Korea.  "Move along, nothing to see here".:diablo:

Dunno, I'll throw my hat into the ring, and volunteer, but my only concern is if there's enough to see or do at my place. Now, I have a fairly roomy basement, as previous attendees can attest, but some folks might find it a bit claustrophobic. Hotels, we've got dozens of them, restaurants; dozens of those too. Antique shops; plenty of those as well, but not many toys to be had. There's even an auction house in town. And, Joe's would be only 1.5 hours drive, so a trek would be possible.  It's up to the Alphadromers...but, I'd love to have y'all here.

Thanks Brady for throwing your hat into the ring. This sounds promising. Your basement is fantastic...that would be a great Botstock.

I'd say hold off till October and do your traditional get-together Brady, extended by a day or two, and call it Botstock.  I love it up there in the Fall!

Only problem with waiting till October for me is, once again living in Buffalo, the weather is iffy here. Lots of ice storms that time of year. Last time I went to Brady's in the fall, we hit a snow storm on the way home and drove through hell for about ten minutes. Not to mention it being around Halloween, which I like spend with my grandson. so I probably wouldn't be able to make one that late. But in previous posts, May was getting a lot of attention.