Botstock 15

kennetzel

I'll be there Friday. Sat I have to set up all day at the Gettysburg Antique street show. May be able to make it Sunday.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• kennetzel

• Morbius

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an early post on “Off Topic” about our Amtrak trip to Ohio, well it looks like Kelly and I will be there at “ the Armory” and dinner :woohoo:on Friday, confirming Motel 6 for Friday night.

Racerxc70, I'm looking forward to meeting with the "toy repairman", himself!

Phil, I'm glad you'll be here, and Gettysburg is only 30-40 minutes from here, so it shouldn't be too inconvenient.

Kanaan, sorry to hear about your health, I hope everything works out for you.

Kronos, glad you're still with us! See you then.

OK, so far we have confirmed:

Joe K. (Friday)

Phil R (Friday)

Racerxc70 and Kelly (Friday, Sat & Sun)

Kronos57 (Friday, Sat & Sun)

Kennetzel & Pam (Friday, Sat & Sun)

Robert & Sherri (Friday, Sat & Sun)

Nasa, Andyman & Deep Space-11, will you be joining us?

My schedule isn't working out right now. Whether I make it or not, there will be an Andybot there for the raffle.

Andy, I hope your schedule works out...haven't seen you in a couple of years. It would be nice to see you again.

Kelly and I will be at the Armory on Friday only and I hope that I can talk her into going to Joe K’s, our trip to the east coast is to see her daughter in Ohio and my 93 year old Grandmother in New Jersey, luck stepped in and alowed me to attend this Botstock, pure luck!

What’s the name of the restaurant?

BTW What’s the weather like in mid May ?

What should I bring?, sweater or light jacket 

Should I bring any of my collection?

Racerxc70, Friday it is then. The weather should be mild to warm, I’d guess a light jacket would suffice.

Still hammering out out the restaurant choices, but for Friday  it will most likely be the Asian buffet, which is always a favorite with the Dromers who stop by.

As for your collection, unlike Joe’s place, I’m afraid I don’t have any extra display space to showcase anyone’s items. But you can bring a few along if you want.

Phil,

Can you give us more information on that Gettysburg Antique show? Perhaps we could all trek out there to take a look on Saturday.

Brady, The Gettysburg antique street show is on the 4 main streets of town from the center circle. It's the Saturday during Botstock.  Setup starts early before 6AM. but doesn't usually fill up before 7AM. People contract for these spots 6 months in advance as it's held in May and September.  We're set up at the end of the first block on York St. opposite Chambersburg St. coming into town. Parking garage behind hotel on square and side streets.  People have all sorts of items including toys. You never know what's going to be there. If the weather is good they get large crowds. 

Additional antique centers near Gettysburg. There are several antique shops in Gettysburg, one called Rebel's Roost a few miles east on U. S 30., a few miles further east in New Oxford, and a few miles further east in Hanover. All in all about 8 antique centers about 20 minutes from Gettysburg in addition to those close to Hanover and several large antique centers about 20 minutes south of Chambersburg in Hagerstown, MD. Great for a full day Saturday. Perhaps Brady could get some of the brochures available free that list and map these locations.

Great ideas, Phil.

Ok, folks, here's the schedule of events for Botstock XV

Friday, 18 May:

Attendees arrive at my place "the Armory"; doors open at 9 AM (snacks and beverages provided).

Lunch at the Supreme Buffet and Hibachi Grill at 12 noon, then back to my place afterwards.

Sometime that day will be "the Space Target Challenge", with prizes for the high scores.

Dinner at 6:30 PM at Ruby Tuesday's, Lincoln Way, Chambersburg.

Saturday, 19 May:

The Gettysburg Antique Street Show, York St. opposite Chambersburg St. coming into town. Parking garage behind hotel on square and side streets, from morning until...?

Lunch will be individual at a local restaurant (I'll probably go to Pizza Hut).

For the rest of the afternoon, toy hunting at various antique shops, (maps and directions provided)

Dinner at 6:30 PM at Perkins Family Restaurant, Lincoln Way, Chambersburg.

Then, to the Motel 6 for room sales.

Sunday, 20 May:

Hotel checkout.

Drive up to Adamstown, to The Toy Robot Museum, and antique shopping.

Lunch will be individual at a local restaurant.

At 4PM, dinner at the Park Place Diner, with the Botstock Raffle afterwards, and swag.

Again, please don't wait until the last minute; let me know if you will be at Botstock so I can make sure that everyone is covered,  and a headcount for the Park Place Diner, thanks!