Botstock 15

kennetzel

Thanks again to Brian for the wonderful Iron Terror  robot. It runs perfectly. Brian's idea to make robots from the movies is excellent.  I commend him for his transition from 2 dimension to three dimension. Keep up the great work. Very impressive.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• kennetzel

• Morbius

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey c'mon Brady! I donated a very nice Horikawa robot to the raffle, lol! It really was a great time. Thanks again to both Joe and Brady for hosting the event this year. I am still trying to digest Brady's amazing collection. And of course the story behind almost every piece! So much to see between both Joe's and Brady's collections. A very memorable trip. And yes I won the electro artworks robot for the second time. I am not ashamed! But honestly our group was so small that everyone walked away with something cool as others have already said. 

I agree with Ken. This event is well worth showing up for. It's fun to put faces and personalities to the avatars on Alphadrome, to share stories and our love for these wonderful creations that we all obsess over. I hope to see many new faces at the next gathering. 

Attached are a couple of pictures of things we found in antique malls, and some items purchased during a great visit with Richard Thomas (big bang) and his lovely wife Pam. Pam and Sherri really hit it off. Richard's collection is beyond belief! It was a long week in terms of all the driving we did ( about 2600 miles) but so worth it. What a gracious and hospitable group we are lucky enough to be part of! Thanks again to all.

20180522_122640.jpg

20180522_102743.jpg

40 minutes ago, robert said:

Hey c'mon Brady! I donated a very nice Horikawa robot to the raffle, lol! It really was a great time. Thanks again to both Joe and Brady for hosting the event this year. I am still trying to digest Brady's amazing collection. And of course the story behind almost every piece! So much to see between both Joe's and Brady's collections. A very memorable trip. And yes I won the electro artworks robot for the second time. I am not ashamed! But honestly our group was so small that everyone walked away with something cool as others have already said. 

I agree with Ken. This event is well worth showing up for. It's fun to put faces and personalities to the avatars on Alphadrome, to share stories and our love for these wonderful creations that we all obsess over. I hope to see many new faces at the next gathering. 

Attached are a couple of pictures of things we found in antique malls, and some items purchased during a great visit with Richard Thomas (big bang) and his lovely wife Pam. Pam and Sherri really hit it off. Richard's collection is beyond belief! It was a long week in terms of all the driving we did ( about 2600 miles) but so worth it. What a gracious and hospitable group we are lucky enough to be part of! Thanks again to all.

20180522_122640.jpg

20180522_102743.jpg

Nice collection. What is the name of the car with the robot ?

On 5/22/2018 at 1:54 PM, Automaton said:

Nice collection. What is the name of the car with the robot ?

That is the Robot 3, or Robot Flying Car, ATC (Asahi) circa 1955. Friction with spinning propeller.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:40 PM, steve said:
  • Excellent haul Robert - that Andybot is just a killer!!

Nothing beats an Andybot! Thank you again Andy.

I just got Solstice from Andy on the Botstock discount. What a great robot (Pictures later). Like you said Robert...nothing beats an Andybot.

6 hours ago, robert said:

That is the Robot 3, or Robot Flying Car, ATC (Asahi) circa 1955. Friction with spinning propeller.

Thanks, I love the look of these little robot types in their cars, tractors and steamrollers 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much everybody for your reports and updates of another great Botstock event!

Hopefully I will be able to join in for another botstock one day. :cheers:  

Yes Dirk, it was a lot of fun meeting you (and Gernot) at Botstock

in the past and hope to see you again there. 

30516142_1397765323701674_3936769055033131008_n.jpg

Botstock Dirk John.JPG

BS3R.JPG

post-25-036914600 1286750566.jpg

If it were in the cards for me to go to Botstock 15 this would has been the shirt that I was going to wear, it was given to me by Kelly’s daughter Casey

C8B2AA4A-43D5-4A02-B0F4-069FD4BBD7D6.jpeg

• 6 months later...

If it's not with Joe or John,,,,it's not botstock... Just Saying.. Like my son said ,,if you don't go to John's just kick your bucket list . 

j

• 1 month later...