• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinplate6

• kennetzel

• Morbius

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WE HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM.  We came in Thursday night to be at The  Armory tomorrow morning...on time. The hotel did not have our reservation. When we told them it was for Alphadrome, they said they have no record of a group by that name reserved for this week. We are non existent as far as they are concerned. The bigger problem??? They are booked, no room for anybody else here. They gave us a room for the night, but after tomorrow, we're screwed.  We need help. what are our options?

Well, since Motel 6 is booked, we booked two nights at the Fairfield inn. It just means we have to drive back to Buffalo on Sunday night, unless Pam gets the free night she thinks she has...

All,

I just spoke with Motel 6, they said all the rooms are available, at the quoted price, I'm not sure what happened, but the rooms ARE available. It must have been a misunderstanding.

If you need to confirm these, the desk attendant's name is "Kaytee", he said there are over 21 rooms vacant at this time, for $49.99 per night. He said that the rooms appear to have been blocked with the annotation "front desk", why? I have no idea. 

Address: 1095 Wayne Ave, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Phone: (717) 263-3400

Well, the first day of Botstock has come and gone, and although it had a rocky start (don't stay at Motel 6), everything worked out ok. Joe. K was the first attendee to Botstock XV, followed by Kennetzel, Pam, Phil R., Robert, Sherri and Kronos57.  It was great seeing everyone, chatting and swapping stories.

465426CE-C722-4C38-A953-2448FAEC94F3.jpeg

Then we enjoyed a tasty lunch at the Supreme Buffet and Hibachi Grill, unfortunately, Joe had to leave early, he's been under the weather lately, but we'll see him again on Sunday, at the Toy Robot Museum. Phil R. had to leave shortly thereafter, but it was great seeing him, and hanging out, talkin' toys. The rest of us competed in the the "Space Target Challenge"; a motorized game with floating balls and light up targets, and a Nerf space pistol.

2E6547FA-AD15-44C0-8A89-FCE5D9C0E01C.jpeg2DA04A99-BCFF-4E69-BEA0-286F5A37E920.jpeg

Robert took the first round, and did some serious damage, Sherri did well, then it was Pam's turn, backed up by Ken. Prizes were awarded to first, second and third place scores; Robert won the brushed stainless rocket desk lamp, Sherri got a boxed "Attacking Martian" wind-up, and Ken got a ray gun...it was lots of fun. Kronos/James finally made his appearance and was able to spend some time with us, before he had to leave. After binge-watching lots of episodes of the old black and white Outer Limits shows, we left for a delicious dinner at Ruby Tuesdays; a great meal with friends, we all had a fine time...thanks to all of you who made it.

So, tomorrow is anyone's guess; despite the prediction of rain, I'll be heading out to Gettysburg anyway to see if there are any brave souls selling antiques at the street show. Then we'll all re-group for dinner at Perkins Family Restaurant...I can't wait!

Well, the Gettysburg street show was washed out, there were only a few brave souls huddling under tents selling mostly country wares.

I did stop at the Gettysburg antique center which was chocked full of great quality items, mostly military civil war pieces, Victorian medical and pharmaceutical ware and military miniature figures of all kinds... fascinating, but precious few toys. So I’ll press on to the multiple antique malls to be seen in this area.

A great day 2 at this year's Botstock. Pam and I spent the day Antiquing. I had a good day doing that. I got a Apollo 10 battery operated rocket...the kind that rolls on the floor, stops, rises up an the capsule separates from the booster. That was 150 dollars. I then found a vintage Batman lunchbox for 120. I almost bought a Marvelous Mike but there was no price on it and while they were trying to figure it out, they came up with one on Ebay for a good price with box and instructions for 220. And it said it worked. So that was an indirect buy...definitely Botstock influenced. Now it's on to dinner at Perkins to see more friends. So far a great weekend.