• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Jonydroid

• Ultrarobotman

• Tinplate6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Osaka in 2006 released the OT23BK called Tin Age Atom battery powered 12"tall as he walked the front panel opened up and the colorful inner display was to be seen. This version had 50 makes only and sold out fast.

OT23B.jpg

Osaka had a great run with the OT24 version. Came as 10.5" tall with the classic astro boy design with his Cotton clothes and one very cool looking box. This version is windup and has Vinyl Head/Hands. Came out in 2007.

OT24.jpg

OT24 500m.jpg

astro blue3.jpg

astro blue.jpg

astro blue1.jpg

We now come up to a few giant versions from Osaka like the RR01 24" Tall Smoking Robot limited to 100 make from 2003 with Remote Radio Control and made of Tin with its Mechanical Walking Turning Smoking Action the weight is 15 Lbs. However there may have only been 30 to 40 made due to the time frame of the making.

RR01.jpg

Osaka released this rare version Robby 24" Tall Mechanized Robot RR03 with Remote Radio Control and made of Tin & Resin with Mechanical Walking Turning Action. Inside Dome Pistons Move and Light Up, Scannner Rings Rotate. Exactly like the smaller Mechanized Robot. There were to be 200 made but perhaps only a few ever came to be made in 2008 I believe less then 24 makes happened.

R-C%252520Mechanized%252520Robot%252520Info.jpg

rr03.jpg

DSCF0840.JPG

DSCF0842.JPG

DSCF0843.JPG

DSCF0846.JPG

DSCF0849.JPG

DSCF0853.JPG

DSCF0859.JPG

DSCF0860.JPG

DSCF2240.JPG

Those are real giants at 2 ft. tall. I remember being fascinated seeing these a few years back on the old Metal House site, in the Osaka section. I remember there was quite a long waiting time after placing your order until you would get it, which is so understandable, being almost custom made, if you will, and so huge, weighing in at 15 pounds! I wish I would have been fortunate enough to have one. I do remember watching videos of these giants from the old site as well and the sound of them just moving was imposing, let alone the size.

The most rare version from Osaka came out in 2005 called the 24" Tall Attacking Martian RR02 with 100 makes. Came with Remote Radio Control and also made of Tin & Resin as Mechanical Walking Turning Action, Chest Opens, Guns Firing with Sound! There seems to have been 2 versions made the 1rst with a solid inner action area and the 2nd with a better inner open section. However the make on these are unknown as to how many made it out into production. I remember seeing somewhere perhaps less then 5 total. As you can see the remotes are different between them.

giantmartian.jpg

Giant martian 3.jpg

rr02 giant.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ultrarobotman said:

Those are real giants at 2 ft. tall. I remember being fascinated seeing these a few years back on the old Metal House site, in the Osaka section. I remember there was quite a long waiting time after placing your order until you would get it, which is so understandable, being almost custom made, if you will, and so huge, weighing in at 15 pounds! I wish I would have been fortunate enough to have one. I do remember watching videos of these giants from the old site as well and the sound of them just moving was imposing, let alone the size.

They are extremely rare and the most rare out of all is the 2nd version Attacking Martian.

We now come to the Osaka tin toy Thunderbirds standing at 10.5" Tall  with Walking action with there Resin Heads and Specially Designed Graphic Box along with Individual ID Cards. They came out around 2006-2007 and still to this day maintain a great value. Not many made Scott had around 50 makes ?--John had around 50 makes ?--Virgil had around 22 makes ?-- Gordon and Alan had around 50 Makes each?

All had that classic removable holstered Raygun!

TB_doll.jpg

Thunderbirds.jpg

Thunderbirds1.jpg

scott5.jpg

John.jpg

bx side.jpg

scott2.jpg

gordon.jpg

scott4.jpg

T  alan 15m.jpg

In 2004 Osaka make a run of 300 Garons standing 7 1/4" tall version # OT21  which was a Battery Operated Robot from the famous Japanese Astroboy show of the 1960's and came with the following actions:  Mechanical walking legs, raising arms, light up eyes, and opening chest door revealing his boy driver.