1924 Radio Police Automation robot

robothut

I wonder if polysmooth prints will become brittle over time 

since a few people mentioned their spools of filament became brittle 

John your technical abilities are off the scale.

Your pioneering work with 3D printing will escalate future projects to the next level.

I agree with Brian and the pulp mag and old concept robots are also my personal favourites and think 3D printing is the perfect tool for bringing these forgotten beauties to life.

Brilliant work. Inspiring.

PLA becomes brittle on the spool as well OZ if you leave it out where mosture can get to it. Once the stuff is heated and printed that changes something and the poly smooth changes as soone as you treat it with the solivent mist.

Really cool robots John !!!  AMAZING !!!  Are you going to sell any of this model? I like the flat PLA version myself--Can we buy one?

Awesome project, John. Love the way you work out the design.

I see the spinning ball busters are reversible. On some it looks like they're spinning the wrong way.

Yes I had to model the Ball Buster or automated night sticks as the article calls them in a flexible rubber and with the Balls and straps in one direction but on the remote you can make them spin in either direction. On the PLA prototype I made a right and left set and had them spin in reverse directions.

Just finished a Blue Police robot for Ozzy. My camera sucks the blue is really a deep glossy electric blue. now if I could just fine a sturdy box in the right size I could ship 2 of these bad boys. Hate to use a box that is way too big since shipping costs are so high it could end up costing more to ship than the robot.

DSC03241.jpg

Archived