Foki Build

Ranger

Oh Yeah Rik I never thought of that!  No thanks to you then, smarty pants!

Bugger, that is quite a good name for a robot, El Destructo.  Bet it's already been done!

55 minutes ago, roboz said:

Yowza nice job ranger !

Look forward to the progress !! 

Cheers Oz! 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Paul,

that looks like a lot of work. good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress.
cutting those parts in tin is not that easy though..
looking forward to the next update..

Marco

Thanks!

I abandoned the first head I made. I thought it was too thin in the end so this afternoon I made it all over again and also the upper body. If I have the time at the weekend I will make the lower body (try too!) and the ears. Then it will be the legs. I still have not decided how to make those yet. I may make them out of a solid metal bar and turn them on the lathe to try and get a similar look of the foki legs.

Cheers.

head and upper body.jpg

head and upper body 2.jpg

Thanks MRH.  If I were to do this I would more often i think would reluctantly buy a metal cutting scroll saw and/or a bandsaw.  If I had one now I reckon I would have done the upper body sides and the sides of the head too. I like hand sawing but  it sure would speed up cutting out sheet steel  if I had one. As I don't usually cut out anything this large I have never really had the need for one before. It is quite time consuming but I am enjoying it....so far. I was a bit fed up when i had to remake the head but I did buy another hand saw with a deeper throat today and that helped a lot.

ha, so you are not sure you can pull it off!!!!

Damn, anyone want  100-1 odds its the most sought after modern robot of the next 12 months!!!!

Ranger has a life time of experience to make this a masterpiece.

Ok follow that matie!!!

cheers Chilli

EDIT. no pressure!!!

Archived