• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Ranger

• Simon68

• marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John, I just assembled my Foki. But mine has a stability problem... I realized (only now after reviewing your video of the robot in action) that when turned off your Foki is perfectly level. The way I positioned the cans on the two axes of the gearbox, mine always tilts to one side... (and so much so (!) that I ended up making a support base to keep it level when turned off).. .
Another problem I had: I couldn't find the same reduction box you used. So need to use a slightly bigger one. As a result, the top of the box ends up being very close to the battery compartment (AA). So I had to adapt it to use an AAA battery that has a smaller diameter...

3ab76653-b876-4189-812f-4d74dea50abc.jpg

afcb641f-16c4-4159-a4bf-447c705e7fd2.jpg

731384ea-bd4d-4440-9048-dcdaec6ef3f7.jpg

b74d1047-f356-4932-948a-95658d6afbdc.jpg

You'll notice that I also ended up putting in a "reinforcement" so I could use two screws and keep the upper body and head securely attached to the rest of the body.

7ff4546c-d467-4668-96eb-21e0e103fcb6.jpg

You might try raising the motor up a bit or making the leg push linkage a tad shorter, that way when both linkages are at their midway position the robot will stand flat footed and be more stable overall.

Also you can buy N20 type gearmotors with dual shafts that run in the 30 RPM range on 3 volts, they are alot smaller, about 1/3d the size of the TT gearmotors.

Hello John, very grateful for your attention here!
See, I'm going to try to keep this reduction box ( I just bought 10 units of it to use in other projects... )

I will try to adjust the position of the cams so that both linkages are at their midway position the robot will stand flat footed.
(Note that I needed to increase the size of the rods because using the original size they didn't come out of the feet...)

dd7def58-93e1-496d-91ff-f3de47331430.jpg

Projetc update... After some adjusting my Foki runs smooth on the ground! Thanks John for this amazing project!
(For those who didn't understand, I had to adapt John's original design to use a larger gearbox)