• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Ranger

• Simon68

• marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything John does is simply amazing, got a number of his works on our shelves at home.  Even when he explains how he does things my brain still has trouble comprehending what I've seen.:wacko:

John did again a wonderful 3D printed project. Today I picked up a small box from the postoffice that was waiting for me for i think 2 weeks or so :)
when you take in consideration that all the parts are manually drawn in a cad program by John himself, he really did a very good job on this one.

It may all look easy and simple but its absolutely not.
not only you have to draw the parts but also have to think about how to print them.
to draw the parts in cad and come close to the original is difficult. The result is really cool !
A very nice robot that was brought back to life with 3D tech..... 

I know John moved on already to the next project and that is the same for me here in the Dutch Caves..
In my vacation i had time enough to think about the next project... started with the first drawings today... more to come.

Here is a picture of Foki #14 compared to an original one.

Cheers
Marco

DSC_0075.JPG

This guy from the 1939 NY World's Fair, doesn't he look a lot like Foki? Or better say Foki looks like him.

(pic is screenshot from 1939 promo movies)

image.jpeg

'ELEKTRO, the Westinghouse-Moto-Man' from 1937/38, presented here in 1939. Seems to be a celebrity in the USA?

I didn't know him.

http://youtu.be/T35A3g_GvSg

16 hours ago, roboz said:

Hey Marco do you think you can scan that Foki decal & post it so we can print it stick it on ? 

I will give that a try today Oz :)

i just got back from my vacation, and Mr Foki was waiting there for me.

great job john, he looks fantastic. ken, nice box as always.

Just a quick photo to show off the Foki that arrived yesterday, brilliant robot by John and as usual super quick shipping from USA to UK and that included the weekend and a UK public holiday on Monday when everything postal shuts down, if only others could do the same. Brilliant. Also many thanks to Ken for the box artwork.

1-Foki and Friends John Rigg 1.jpg

• 4 months later...