Foki 3D printed project

robothut

I use Design Spark Mechanical to do all my 3d cad work. Not because its better than any of the other free cad programs but because for what ever reason I understand it better. The lingo used in these programs can make them not usable if you do not understand what they are saying you know.

OK the first 12 bots shipped out today. And Yes there were two prototype robot that I did not talk about yet. To many requests for the prototpyes drives me nuts, in this case they went too the first two persons that asked about it and that would be Paul B. and Robert W.

Ok the colored plastic I am using was a special order and took for ever to arrive so the first two bots were printed with just what ever plastic was running in the printers at the time I wanted to test a part. So in the end all the parts are hand painted. It makes the robot look just like the original but I just am not into painting much any more and the two prototypes reminded how much I dislike painting. One of the prototypes has the  joule thief  circuit that I hand made and the other was a test of the solar yard light circuit. Also one has the battery box that I designed and the other a standard off the shelf battery box.

One has the extra body details also.

DSC02179.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Ranger

• Simon68

• marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So besides the two prototypes that shipped here is the line up so far.

#1 original went in the HUT.

#2 detailed went in the Hut.

#3 detailed when to Ken N.

#4 detailed went to Brian H.

#5 detailed went to Paul B.

#6 original went to Paul B.

#7 original went to Kirk J.

#8 original went to Brady C.

#9 original went to Ozzy

#10 detailed went to Mark S.

More to ship tomarrow if I get them done before the post office closes "they close early on Saturdays".

Fantastic recreation and very nice box!

Think you already found my email for one of the simple/standard version.

Thanks, Klaus

Ok just shipped 4 more today.

11 to Gernot M detailed version

12 Rich S. detailed version

13 Mark G. detailed version

14 Marco original version.

15 Richard K. detailed version

I was just notified by Brady C. that he wanted a detailed version and my notes say I sent him a original version. So if any of you are thinking about a original version in the USA then maybe we can work out something to make Tinplate 6 happy.

Also here are some pic of parts, this is how I build them so fast. I pre make all the assemblies that I can then just have to assemble.

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

Here  are my wonderful Foki robots. I can't find my camera battery so the photos are not good I'm afraid.

Thanks to Ken for the great box art!

Left to right..

All metal version john made a few years ago.

Johns 1st trial foki.

Prototype #1

Production #5 and #6.

5 foki robots.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Foki #18 and box have arrived here this morning, perfectly.

A joy, to see this efficient design! Not talking the beautiful Foki figure, but the realization concept, how this repro is built with its parts fitting together, the battery holder, the drive and the box lid as well. Thank you John and Ken!  <= box cover, not the lid! (corr. lunik)

A smooth pin walker indeed.

image.jpeg

This is one of my favorite robots !!! AMAZING !!!! I really love the old timey design of this guy ---Thanks John (and KEN)

57 minutes ago, robothut said:

Just 1 detailed one left, if anyone is interested. robothut@yahoo.com

John, just sent you an email, if still available