Roboter 703-D 3D Printed in Holland ! :-) Its Ready !!!! Yeahhhh :-)

marco

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Martijn, it's great here!

image.jpeg        image.jpeg    

(embracing everybody who

contributed to this project)

Hey Klaus,

Sorry for the bad weather.. ( Still ) overhere in the Netherlands.. still waiting for summer to come but... I had the sun shining in my caves yesterday.
Thanks for the croissants and the robot talk.  We had a lot of contact throughout this project and talked about many things related to this Roboter 703-D but also the box design and many other things :)

Very cool to have you and Martina here to pick up the first Roboter 703-D. I am sure it will find a good place on your shelves and cant wait to see the pictures of that.
Enjoy your vacation Klaus !

Marco

A monumental accomplishment Marco; you took a beautiful robot, that never made it into production, improved on the design, and made it available to collectors! You are a curator of the toy's history, preserving it for the future!  :thumbs:

On 2-7-2016 at 4:32 PM, Tinplate6 said:

A monumental accomplishment Marco; you took a beautiful robot, that never made it into production, improved on the design, and made it available to collectors! You are a curator of the toy's history, preserving it for the future!  :thumbs:

Thanks Brady..

yes correct, the robot never went into production until now :)
Just completed the build of serial #2. It will be added to a collection in the US. ( the first one went to Germany, homeland :-)

I am planning to make pictures of the build of serial #3. I think its cool to see how the robot is build up in steps.
Let me see if I have time to do that.

CHeers !
Marco

So here we are, Marco, photo of #1, having brought him back to the dark woods of his German ancestors. 

I don't make much use of shelves. Put him on this lab stand, where he is facing some cyborg woman from the future, both wearing a similar style of external wiring or piping around their heads.

Weird, but I like it.

image.jpeg

Here is the more conventional standard shot, up front with box. You may have seen this view before. But here the tag with serial #1 is showing. Plus a peek into the key hole, where Marco also applied the serial number on the object.

ROBOTER 703-D is a fun robot and a beauty in himself, nostalgic and romantic. Can well play a part in your next home made phantasy play.

For those guys who don't own the famed ROBOTER 700:

This is supposed to be the closest representation of a ROBOTER 700 that you will be able to get for at least the next 20 years, with its true looks, proportion, lighted eyes and windup drive - unless the real ROBBY switches from producing whisky to remaking toy robots!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was going through alphadrome and i had forgotten that Grandpa had made some metal Roboter robots?  Not sure how many, ten maybe?  Awesome! I think Xris and Gernot have one, I wonder who has the others? I see eagle also made a version and there was also talk of a diamond planet back then. It's strange how one forgets what's been made before until another great project like Marco's version is made.  I saw a photo of a genuine one alongside Grandpa's version. That was Gernot's photo I think. I will have to double check that. It would be cool to put together a photo of Marco's, Grandpa's and Eagles version alongside an original. What a great lineup that will be. When I have done  some more searching I will get the photos together unless someone gets to it before I get the time.

Cool Paul, I never saw the version of eagle
Lets make a line up with the Roboters...700, 703, grandpa and eagle... 

If you can find the eagle one, we can line them up :)

Cheers

Marco

Good idea, Ranger. It's time for a line up. I'm afraid it will take hours to compile pics and info. I've opened your link. Think I've read much of this before. Soon got lost again in the labyrinth of posts. So many interesting stories related.

Thanks for the research Paul
Well, we finally can make a final line up in the meantime, here we go

From top to bottom:

Roboter 700 original     : Clockwork windup mechanism, walking, swinging arms, movable head, blinking eyes ( Germany )
Roboter 703-D              : Clockwork windup mechanism, walking, swinging arms, movable head, blinking eyes ( Holland )
Roboter 700 Grandpa   : Battery operated, pinwalking, arm movement unknown, lighted eyes ( USA )
Roboter 700 Eagle        : Made out of wood. ( USA )

Cheers
Marco

Roboter 700 .JPG

DSC_0154.jpg

post-545-1226101888.jpg

post-75-1225227723.jpg

Yes, don't forget that Grandpa's version is all metal?  I would love a look at one of those and to feel the weight of it if it is metal. I think it walks forward and reverse?  Does Xris still have one?  I think maybe ten were made but don't hold me to that. So, role up, who has one of Grandpa's roboters?

Paul,

What is the reason not to forget Grandpa`s is all metal !! ?? can you explain that please ?

besides the fact that the original roboter is made of PLASTIC, also most of the parts of the Grandpa roboter is NOT made of metal but PLASTIC.
So, according to your question: " who has one of the metal roboters " : NOBODY ! :)

I know Xris has one but the size of the robot is not correct, its made to small but I guess you are aware of that :-)
Here is a picture where it stands besides an original one.

Cheers 
Marco

post-25-0-80835700-1356787624 (1).jpg

Well, you point out that eagle's is made of wood. You point out that Grandpa's version is smaller. Eagles is also 19" tall I believe so if this is about the variants that have been made before why not put in the facts? , One is metal?  2 are plastic and 1 is wood. Seem's quite straight forward to me. All the details on one page!

Yes, the original is plastic but if i had the choice of materials for this robot I would choose the metal over plastic every time.

Well, maybe I am wrong then but i am sure i read somewhere that its metal and that grandpa took hours making all the tooling. Then again, if xris has got one and you have seen it then I guess you should know. So, what parts are metal and what are plastic? Whatever it is, it's nice in plastic but would have been an amazing tin robot.

Archived