Italian spacemen, unmarked blistered...

ervino

And my heartfelt thanks go out to Tinplate6 for both his compliments and his warm welcome for this old "Newbie".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinman

• Tinplate6

• ervino

• ejpetrie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ejpetrie

If you wish you can privately send me the Torgano set photo, either as a personal message here on AD, or at my my mail adress "ercus (at) mac.com" (not an Italian on, as you see, unless Apple hase been bought overnight by some Italian company and nobody still said anything publicly... :biggrin: )

If you insted don't feel correct to share a photo that is not your, don't worry, I will survive anyway! :thumbs:

If you already "tortured" some CoMa figure to test them for its plastic type I will spare my figures the ordeal and take you by your word on the "Bakelite/Catalin/Wathever" issue!:hail::biggrin: 

On the ISAS Marziani and other Italian spacemen figures you can find a more info in the threads of this section of AD, infos that a lot of people (SeriousBob, Brady, Bill, Brian and many others whorthy collectors) provided in the years.

About age... at 55 I'm clumsier that you, don't worry: the number of broken figures in my collection can testify it!!! :eeek: :biggrin: 

Tomorrow or saturday the Torgano package should land at my home, so, family time permitting, I will try to post the photos in the coming WE. But be advised  that I'm not the most timetable-respecting poster here on AD... :blush:

Here for now the images of the figures. The third image is of one of the broken "brittle" soft plastic figure I have. Note the silver hue of the plastic at the breaking points (the severed hand reveal the same hue), even if the outside is golden (not painted). No pegs between feet & bases, so, apparently, a single piece molding.

The grey/white figures IMO came from the same molds of the golden ones and of the original hard plastic ones, but they are molded in a somewhat softer material even respect to the golden one, so IMO, they are of a latter production ('70?), and if they come from the original maker (Torgano or whatever) or from some other italian producer/seller (the cards have both a "Made in Italy" writing but no brand) that got access to the molds is anybody guess...

E.

Tf.jpg

Tb.jpg

Tbrk.jpg

Great assortment of figures Ervino, the spacemen are certainly cousins of the Thomas/Poplar releases but the aliens are totally unique.  Something to  look for!

Well, if anyone has three extra of those round-headed aliens they would part with, please let me know!  :biggrin:

Tf.thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

After the auction for these two spacemen cycled through a couple times I talked myself into pulling the trigger before they disappeared; they'll be nice additions to the plethora of non-USA spacemen/aliens I've been adding to my collection in recent weeks.  I'm still on the lookout for the counterpart aliens to these guys.

Untitled.jpg

• 1 year later...

Very happy to add a set of these guys to my collection, especially from a US seller; the only one I'm missing is the guy with the fins on his legs!  Should receive them in the mail by the end of the week...now, do I remove them from the card?

Auction pic:

s-l1600.jpg

Nice get!  Congrats!

If they were mine, those puppies would be out of that packaging right away - I'd save the packaging, but likely never look at it again... 

Maybe not if the graphics were less "generic child play" themed.