New Addition - Radar Robot by TTT

Ranger

I remember when I received my Radar Robot. It is such a great toy, well packaged in a beautiful box. I think it was #126 but I'll have to check when I get back home. It's a shame that Tin Tom Toys fell to the wayside. They made some beautiful high quality reproductions, especially the Radar Robot. And to the best of my knowledge this one has not been reproduced since! It has not dropped in value too much, unlike the Thunder Robot that has been reproduced by several Chinese companies (HaHa toys, etc) ad nauseum. The Radar Robot is one reproduction that I display along with my original vintage robots. And in all honesty it's the reason i have never pursued owning a vintage Radar. I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm not sure what happened to Tom, he seemed to be doing well, his webpage promised many new robots to come, and then he just disappeared. Heard all kinds of rumors about his downfall, and shortly afterwards most of his "limited" reproductions appeared in uncountable numbers by other chinese manufacturers. Who knows what machinations happened behind the scenes. Rumors of molds being stolen, or rights to molds being limited, etc. Chinese business dealings remain inscrutable to the likes of me. I'm just glad I was around when these were originally sold and happy to own one.

I remember buying Kelly one of the blue/silver TTT Radar Robots in Chicago in '05 (?).  It is made so well, like you Robert I never felt the need to have an original it's just done so well. She has  since added more of the TTT versions and they're all beautiful.

Yes, it is a pity re TTT. Had he produced the  Diamond Planet or Tremendous Mike in as good quality as the Radar then they would have been really something worth having. All a bit of a mystery.

I have to agree, that is a great price! I have looked at them in the past, but for what they were asking, I would opt for a vintage robot instead. Maybe it's time to start scanning ebay again! 

Archived