3D printers and Alphadrome Members

robothut

Hey John,

Why such a complex construction ? I dont see the advantage of this.
why dont you use just glass and print directly on it ?
you can just take the printed parts of than.

PLA is perfect to print directly on glass and when the print is done, you just take it from the glass.

I think now you have added all the layers, of steel, magnetic and the blue part, the heated bed is not really functional now. have you measured the temperature on the surface ?
if you use glass and set the heated bed to 60 degrees, you can print with PLA directly on the glass.
Now THATS dirt Cheap :-)

CHeers
Marco

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have printed to glass did not like it, you have to use glue stick or other crap to make it work. This is so simple and clean and quick and the bed temp is exactly 60C thats what I run. I have a thermal temp gum for testing such things.

What can be simpeler and cleaner ( and cheaper :-)  than printing on glass John ? no stick or glue, just on glass
I have printed over 2500 hours or maybe even more, just on glass, never had any problems with that...

Have you ever tried that ? just direct on the glass, no blue tape or stick but right on the glass surface.
if you have the bed around 60 dregrees than, it works wonderful and you just take the part from the glass. Worth a try :)

It has an other advantage and that is you can exactly level your bed to the tenth of a milimeter.
I can imagine its less precise with the layers that you use.

Marco

Archived