BOTSTOCK X I I I - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Tinplate6

Bottom line this was a very enjoyable Botstock. All my friend's in this hobby are very special individuals and it was great to once again spend meaningful time with my dear friends.

I was overwhelmed with the generosity put forth by our members ( some of whom who couldn't even attend) in regards to the swag offerings. There were about 35 choices - with some really terrific items to choose from and hope to win. I was fortunate enough to mange to win the piece I wanted above all....more about that in another post.

As always Joe was the most perfect host - John Rigg's ingenuity never ceases to amaze - Phil and his lovely wife made us feel at home in their lovely home and gave us a very enjoyable Saturday -

Yes Joe at times it did feel like 'Foodstock' but that was a good thing!!

Until next year............

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weather this year put quite the damper on the outdoor adventures, however as Steve mentioned, the quality time spent with friends old and new is worth more than any treasure you could find at any venue. 

Once again I consider myself fortunate to have attended this fine event where everyone is so friendly and willing to share their knowledge and experiences.

Many individuals contributed to the success of Botsock, from bringing display items, to organizing our restaraunts and hotel, contributing swag, prizes and even being "tour" guides.   John Riggs' Hopping Robot and Marcy's poster were awesome giveaways:).  Thank-you so much everyone!  

Joe, you are the consummate host!  Your hospitality is unparalleled and you graciously entertain the masses with enthusiasm.  My sincerest gratitude!  

A big thank-you to Phil and his wonderful wife for entertaining us at their place on Saturday.  Your collection is truly fascinating and we were made to feel very welcome!  

More to come once I download a few photos.

Cheers! 

I regret that I missed it.. As always,,It looks like a 60's family reunion,,except in this family,,it's all crazy uncles. I'm glad you got to see Phil's 

fine collection and meet his fantastic wife ! I was so looking forward to it ,but was called Friday night and ask to finish prepping my Moms house Saturday.. I enjoy seeing the photo's of good old friends having fun..I know I'm removed from the hobby now...but I will never grow tired of the personalities and great friends... Thank you Joe !  Thank you Brian !!  

Well, all i can do is repeat what was said above by all who attended. Sherri and I had a fantastic time! It's been 3 years since my last Botstock so it was good to see old friends and catch up, as well as some new faces. Joe, as always was an enthusiastic and gracious host, day and night for four days! How does he do it?? A special thanks to Phil and Connie for welcoming us into their home and providing a wonderful lunch along with fantastic toys on display! Phil's Buck Rogers dioramas are beyond belief and his robots and rayguns make up an awesome collection. Break out the drool bucket if you ever go to Phil's - you will need it!

Yea, it rained three out of the four days but that did not dampen anyone's spirits. Slim pickings at the various antique malls and events but always fun to browse. I did pick up a Strato bank and a Kaamco Sentinal Robot at Renningers so it was a good day for me. Also won some fun stuff at the raffle. JR's hopping robots and Marcie's beautiful poster were fantastic souveniers to mark BS13.

And finally thanks to Richard Thomas (BigBangToys), Andy Hill, Perry and Jay Brotter for the room trading! Well, in Andy's case it's always dealing out of the back of his van - like a seedy drug deal, only with robots! lol. He never even has time to bring anything into his room before he gets mobbed.

I managed to score some great robots, rockets and space toys from all of these guys. 

Guess that sums it up for me: great time, good friends, good food, and great deals on toys. Looking forward to BS14!!

20160430_234946.jpg

A big thank you to Joe for sending me some swag and thank you to Phil R for making the chocolate robot,Pam and Ken for the BS mug and I think I have a poster on the way, so once it gets here a thank you for that as well.

I was there. It had nothing to do with skill or eyesight. With the way the discs were curving it was total luck.

9 hours ago, Andyman said:

Well we certainly couldn't shoot any worse, Brent. :biggrin:

You got that right Andy!  Strange, I think most of us that tried shooting this way did better than looking straight at the target.  Helps to have had Joe's new gun to use  I must admit though😃😃

Joe the poster arrived today, thank you for the time and money you have spent sending me stuff. I owe you.  Again great poster Marcy

THANK YOU JOE, MARCY

AND JOHN!!!  

Just received the incredible posters and 3D John Rigg Robot, both are absolutely beautiful!  Thank you Marcy for the incredible artwork on this, Joe for all his wonderful efforts  hosting Botstock and John for another fantasatic Rigg-Bot for our shelves. Love to all, greatest people I've ever known and sorry Kelly and I missed the festivities this year.  Ken, did you do the graphics on the card for the little robot?

Just to let you know Joe, Kelly's still got that giant posable flower you gave her in '07 (Botstock 4?)  as a parting gift, she's kept it behind the front seat in a pocket all these years...along with the loot you and your sister gathered for her, she's still got all that in her collection cabinet. Still loves it all.

.  :thumbs:

:cheers:

P1140503.JPG

Archived