BOTSTOCK X I I I - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Tinplate6

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks, we are now about 30 days away from Botstock XIII; if you were thinking of attending, don't wait, sign up now! 

Additionally, if you want to enter the poster contest, get those entries in, we will be picking the winner soon, thanks, and see you at Botstock!!

I've been kind of busy lately but I thought I'd better add some details if there is any serious interest in coming to my home Saturday the  30th to see my collection.  This has been discussed previously on Alphadrome. Here are some thoughts and details.

Sat. April 30,  approx- 10 AM- to 1 PM   Address 2242 Cedar Road , York PA 17408. 

It takes approx. 50-60 minutes according to traffic

I would provide mapquest directions to supplement your GPS

I will provide a free lunch, some surprises and probably some items for sale.

I will be at Adamstown Friday the 29, but go home for final preparations Friday evening.  I would help arrange transportation Friday so you're on your own Saturday to my house. I will be returning to Adamstown after the event Saturday which will allow time from approx 2PM till  closing for antique shops. Parking on the development street and in my driveway. I live in the west end of York slightly off Rt 30 two miles north on Rt 74 (Carlisle Road)

I need a definitive total for preparation.

I decided to re-post the initial coming attractions here, just for those browsing the recent updates...

WHAT: Botstock XIII - The thirteenth annual gathering of Alphadrome members and their families. Robot and Space Toy Collectors UNITE!

WHEN: Friday, April 29th, Saturday, April 30th and Sunday, May 1, 2016.

WHERE: The Toy Robot Museum in Stoudtburg Village, Adamstown, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

• Thursday:  Pre-game show; A dinner at the black Horse Tavern for the early birds
  • Friday: Renninger's Antiques Extravaganza, Kutztown, PA / 9AM-4PM  -  Dinner at the Blackhorse Tavern / 6PM,  then hang out with "Uncle Joe" at the Robot Museum.
  • Saturday: Phil R.'s Collection /10 AM - Then the big dinner at the Park Place Diner / 6PM - The famous swag auction, followed by room sales, and a rousing get together at the gazebo!
  • Sunday: The strip and local Renninger's antiques mall - last meal at Zia Maria's

The Black Horse Lodge - The Official accommodations for BotStock XIII.

http://www.blackhorselodge.com/

Antiques Capital, USA

http://www.antiquescapital.com/

WHO: RSVP if you plan on joining in. Also, let us know who'll be coming with you so nametags can be available.

WHY: Its the happiest place on earth!! (for 72 hours anyway).

This is a Botstock swag report...

image.thumb.jpeg.6c02b095e5551bf890990e8

Since my Russian cup runneth over, I have decided to thin the herd, by donating these Soviet robots to the annual swag auction; a large robot bank, dated 1976, and three of my vintage Samodlekin toys, will go to some lucky winners, but only if you come to this year's get together!

So, y'all need to be russian' over to Botstock 13!! 

Once again, my FT job is threatening to encroach on a weekend convention. I already had to cancel one in February and now it appears that I will need to work on Saturday, 30 April. Actually, I just need to be online to monitor someone else's work and be ready to troubleshoot in case of problems. If all goes well, I'll show up at the Saturday evening dinner and then be able to hit the strip on Sunday. Worst case, I'll be there in spirit, but I'd rather be there in person.  :breakit:

Barring a last moment disaster - put me on the list of attendee's!! Time to see my good friends and enjoy our great hobby and passion.

Ok, so that's one; rotten luck for Kanaan...and one; woo-hoo, for Steve.

Gents, I still hope we can see you both there!

Joe/Joe K.

Phil/Phil R.

Brady/Tinplate6

Ken/Kennetzel

Pam/Pam

Andy/Andyman & Sharon

Phil G./Kanaan

Bill/Tinman

Brian/Dr. Atomic

Brent/I Robot

James/Kronos57

Bob/Robobob & Machel

Richard/BigBang

Mark/Eagle

Robert/Robert & Sherri

Joe M./Electric Robot & Son

Perry/Thunder

Glenn/Glenn

Steve/Steve

Ok check the main Robot talk thread on the Alpha-Rama robot for total info on the 7 Botstock custom color robots. They also will have 3d printed plates on there backs, exclusive to this Botstock 13 build.

The idea is for you guys to have a chance to play with , look at and buy if you want these custom color bots. If you buy then cash, check or Pay Pal "robothut@yahoo.com"  will be fine. If you use Pay Pal send the money as a gift from a friend so that Pay Pal does not take out there big bite ! I will ask Joe K. to keep track of who does what and the money. And Joe you and Brian H. can have first dibs on any of these guys if they turn you on, other wise first come first served. I only ask that if you buy one that you leave it on display for all to see until you leave BS 13.

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

Many thanks, John. But please let the attendees have my dibs on one. I'll buy a standard one after the event. (Red body, black arms, red claws, and extra pepperoni.)

This is the second invitation to my place to see my collection during Botstock XIII.Those already indicating they will come are Pam and Ken, Brady and I Robot. Again time is  Saturday April 30, 10AM to 1 PM( or earlier than 1 if you desire). It takes time to get ready for these events as I'm sure Brady will attest. I would like to know shortly to prepare. I live in York PA about 50-60 minutes west of Adamstown. You could be back in Adamstown by 2 PM, plenty of time to shop and before Saturday evenings events.

I will provide additional mapquest directions

There will be a few surprises.

I will provide lunch.

Here are some photos if you're not familiar with my collection from past posts.

P8230006.JPG

P8230009.JPG

P8230044.JPG

P8230001.JPG

P8230019.JPG

P8230030.JPG

Archived