Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

When I bought mine originally in '78 (?) for $29.99 I found it to be a goofy toy, sometimes he'd respond to his clicker and other times not at all.  There's only so much entertainment in watching him go in circles picking up and dropping his 'module'.:woohoo:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I bought mine originally in '78 (?) for $29.99 I found it to be a goofy toy, sometimes he'd respond to his clicker and other times not at all.  There's only so much entertainment in watching him go in circles picking up and dropping his 'module'.:woohoo:

​Oh, I agree. A boring robot for sure...and the hard thing is lining him up to "catch" his module...you spend more time missing it. But definitely not a lot of entertainment value.

​Tobor's great, I also remember getting him new at Korvettes when I was a kid. Schaper had two other sonic ear toys, one was a van and the other was an orange snow cat that actually had tank treads that was called Ranger. I have been trying to find the snow cat for at least 20 years with no luck.

Just want to let everybody know how wonderful it was to be back at Bot-Stock!!!!!!! I had a blast!

Welcome to the new members I got to meet.

Thanks to my old friends who made me feel so glad I attended.

A big thanks to my old friend John for another awesome Alphadrome Robot to add to my collection.

Thanks to our wonderful host Joe for another fun event.

And, as always, thanks to Brian for giving us this fantastic venue in which to come together and share in our beloved hobby.

​It was a pleasure seeing you at Botstock Pat, and great seeing you on Alphadrome again.  And, thank you for the absolutely wonderful pieces *Altaira and I were able to add to our shelves.  :thumbs:

Pic from Black Horse restaurant.:cheers:

(clockwise) Joe K., Pat, Brent, Phil, Brady, Pam, Ken, Steve, Brian and Kelly.

BSXIIdinner.JPG

What is really wild is that I could have identified everyone in that picture without the names being mentioned. Well I would have guessed at Brent.  It is a pleasure to have met you all. Next year. I promise.

Ditto on all the praise and thank yous expressed thus far. One more to mention...

THANK YOU to DEEP SPACE-11 for this year's complimentary BotStock poster. Thank you Marcy! That was very kind of you.

I had a great time, again, this year. So, my personal thanks goes to all of you who made the trek to Adamstown. Without you there would be no event. 

It was a pleasure seeing you again, Joe, and thanks for your generous hospitality. Botstock is the highlight of my year and seeing all those people make the trip worth it. Thanks again.

It was a pleasure seeing you again, Joe, and thanks for your generous hospitality. Botstock is the highlight of my year and seeing all those people make the trip worth it. Thanks again.

​Couldn't have said it better myself.  Sort of like falling through the looking glass for 4 days...then we're back to reality.   Thanks Joe!  And Marcy for the great poster and all that donated swag and raffle items.  I've finally got a Robert Lesser Hat, I've just got to add those robot pins in the exact places to make it authentic.

Botstock is always a blast and this time was no exception.  Thank you, Joe, for hosting and Marcy for a gorgeous poster.  Even though my day job interrupted the weekend, making it impossible to visit Brady's or Renninger's, I had a full day on Saturday to hit every other shop along the strip and enjoy dinner and raffle at Park Place.  As soon as work was over on Sunday, I zipped back out for the closing dinner at Zia Maria's.

My wife and I will be back out in Adamstown the third or fourth Sunday in August if anyone will happen to be in the area. 

Until next time... 

The crew that made the field trip out to Brady's.  Many thanks again to Brad, we all had a awesome visit and to Pam and Ken for getting everyone there and back safely!

LtoR: Bill, Ken, Brady, Brent, Joe M., Pam, Joe K.Botstock_12_May_2015_049.thumb.JPG.13b65

Hah, I see last year's Alphabot in the background.

Correction: I mean the Alpha XI that I made for last year's Botstock. Alphabots are John's creations and I see that his is visible in the background, too.

Nice product placement, Brady! :thumbs:

What a great group photo. And the ray guns are awesome! So sorry I couldn't make the trip but I had to get home early to meet Dan Morphy and several of his lovely assistants who came to pick up my collection. But I'll make it to Brady's place next time for sure!

Definitely sorry I couldn't make it out to Brady's place again. As amazing as it looked when we were there last year, I hear it's even better now! Next time, for sure!

Archived