Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

Glad that you and dad are back home safe Altaira. As always Botstock was special and it was good to be with both old and new friends!!! Special thanks to Joe for his graciousness and hospitality as always and of course Mr. Hayes who ultimately brought us all together!.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My big Botstock score. I've wanted a Robby In Studebaker for about 13 years... Thanks to Big Bang for hooking me up!

image.jpg

​You put that on the ROAD?????  Congrats on that incredible piece Brian, couldn't get my eyes off that one.

​You put that on the ROAD?????  Congrats on that incredible piece Brian, couldn't get my eyes off that one.

Thanks! But not only did I put it on the road, we drove home in it! 

Actually, it was off to the side of the road, and I promise, Steve and I made sure there were no cars in sight AT ALL. The toy was never in any danger. :)

Btw, you should have said something -- I'd have gladly let you take a closer look at it. You got to see it when we put batteries in, right?

Hi Joe. Just to let you know we made it home in one piece as did the Apollo bottle. Great job in packing it. Thanks for your hospitality and to all who attended who made it another memorable Botstock, both regulars and newbies. And thank you Brian for helping assemble this group of fine people. It was sad to leave after the last supper at Zia's and leaving Joe's for the last time. But hey, there's always another Botstock. Thank you everybody.

I almost forgot this little 1969 5" plastic guy I bought at Botstock. I didn't know Cragstan made these small robots at the end of the 60s." You push it down and it moves along like MAGIC" on the package. This guy is GAZO. Others are MAZOR, FURO  and COBOR.

P6010001-003.JPG

Thanks to everyone for another nice time at Botstock.  It was great to see you all again!  Sadly time was much too short...

And also thanks for making my son (ToyMemories Jr.!) feel at home again, especially Joe for letting him pick the raffle winners, Brady for the surprise gifts, and Brian for the robot bears... It all was a nice distraction from the current really bad stuff we're dealing with.

Jr. had a great time, and that means so much to me... thank you.

Mike

image.jpg

Relaxing at Joe's between events.  More tall tales (true ones) from the ROBOTHUNTER himself.  Thanks for all the fun talk Pat.

Pat at Joes.JPG

Archived