Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

You choose!!  

Thanks for the compliment I Robot, :wub:.  although I've been collecting 'bots for about 40 years now, I've picked up more knowledge in the past 11 years or so off this site than I did perusing all those books that Joe was going through with you at his museum.  As far as the Robbys go, no one on this planet has more knowledge on them than the ROBOTHUNTER.  I suspect you discovered that right away.  Also, congrats on getting hold of that old mag that Pat had with his collection article and pics from its height of perfection, the 'added comments' by Pat and  Dr. Atomic are pure gold!  You and I know that only 2 of those inscribed copies exist.:lecture:

(Actually it's Kelly's not mine).:blub:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my BS12 Alphabot John....thank-you very much!  He's already made a few trips across the living room floor, much to the delight of myself, and our cats! 

Many thanks to everyone who donated the great swag and raffle items as well!!!!! The raffle after supper at The Diner was a fun end to a great evening.

The LIS B9 sweats I won are right up my alley Leon, cheers!   Only issue is....my wife has claimed them for her own:wacko:

You choose!!  

Thanks for the compliment I Robot, :wub:.  although I've been collecting 'bots for about 40 years now, I've picked up more knowledge in the past 11 years or so off this site than I did perusing all those books that Joe was going through with you at his museum.  As far as the Robbys go, no one on this planet has more knowledge on them than the ROBOTHUNTER.  I suspect you discovered that right away.  Also, congrats on getting hold of that old mag that Pat had with his collection article and pics from its height of perfection, the 'added comments' by Pat and  Dr. Atomic are pure gold!  You and I know that only 2 of those inscribed copies exist.:lecture:

(Actually it's Kelly's not mine).:blub:

Bob will work:). 

My pleasure Mike!  I honestly learned more from people like yourself in 4 days at Botstock than I could have imagined.  I'm so thankful for the Alphadrome site and the wealth of knowledge and data available here from so many contributors. What impressed me the most was how eager people were to help and encourage newbies like myself and I came away from Botstock so much wiser than when I arrived(if my brain will retain the information):biggrin:

Yes, meeting ROBOTHUNTER, for a Robby collector like myself was incredibly fortuitous!  :hail:You are so right about our copies of that magazine with the 'added comments', they are priceless.  

Glad you had a great time at BS 12 I robot, I wish I could have been there this year but Jury duty called. As for the BS 12 alphabots they are what we call Dollar store bots. A few years back we had a Dollar store robot build here on Alphadrome, every one that wanted could make anything they wanted from stuff they could by from a dollar store, So when I saw that my local dollar stores had these wind up santa's and colored card stock and glue and plastic chrome claw type shapes I just had to go for it. The printer ink was not from the dollar store but the rest was. Glad you liked the little guy.

Just want to let everybody know how wonderful it was to be back at Bot-Stock!!!!!!! I had a blast!

Welcome to the new members I got to meet.

Thanks to my old friends who made me feel so glad I attended.

A big thanks to my old friend John for another awesome Alphadrome Robot to add to my collection.

Thanks to our wonderful host Joe for another fun event.

And, as always, thanks to Brian for giving us this fantastic venue in which to come together and share in our beloved hobby.

So, apparently I now have what appears to be the start of my rocket collection:

Many thanks to Big Bang and especially to Steve for your awesome advice on so many levels!image.thumb.jpg.9619d04d21266f36353f4916

The LIS B9 sweats I won are right up my alley Leon, cheers!   Only issue is....my wife has claimed them for her own:wacko:

​Help me remember. Who won the hoodies? These three, beautifully embroidered pieces waited an entire year to be included in the raffle. Leon originally sent them for BotStock XI, but, unfortunately, they arrived a day after everyone went home!

I won one of the hoodies too. Thanks Leon!! I was sorry you weren't able to make Botstock this year.

I Robot -- I love that rocket! Definitely one I'd like to add to my own collection one day. The metallic blue-green just can't be beat. Congrats on an excellent pick up, and a worthy start to your rocket collection! :)

I have to thank Phil R. very much for the chance to add these guys I had in the '70s and disappeared on me, just about done getting them all back.

Appreciate these very much Phil. Every year Kelly and I seem to add something from you.  Kelly says thanks for the great space gun.:thumbs:

TOBORstuff.jpg

I Robot -- I love that rocket! Definitely one I'd like to add to my own collection one day. The metallic blue-green just can't be beat. Congrats on an excellent pick up, and a worthy start to your rocket collection! :)

I Robot - That's one very sexy little rocket! Nice pick up.

Thanks so much guys!  That little rocket called me pretty hard, I couldn't leave without it.

Cheers 

I have to thank Phil R. very much for the chance to add these guys I had in the '70s and disappeared on me, just about done getting them all back.

Appreciate these very much Phil. Every year Kelly and I seem to add something from you.  Kelly says thanks for the great space gun.:thumbs:

​I have that same Tobor. He's a bit noisy and the noise causes him to turn on his own at times, but he still responds to the clacker.

Archived