Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

b12_group_photo.thumb.jpg.bc5c73dbd5ae8b

TM Jr., Toy Memories/Mike, Electric Robot and Son/Joe M., Phil R/Phil, Dr.Atomic/Brian, I Robot/Brent, Kanaan/Phil G., Morbius/Michael, Big Bang/Richard, Altaira/Kelly, Glenn/Glenn, Tinplate6/Brady, robotisland/Jay, steve/Steven, Kronos57/Jim, robothunter/Pat, Sunny, plasticaugie/Tom, Pam/Pam, kennetzel/Ken

Honorable Mention: Batman/Adam, Robin/Burt

Missing from photo: Jocelyn, THUNDER/Perry, cybertoyz/Larry, Tinman/Bill

Photo by Joe K./Joe

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my first Botstock has come and gone and I'm still hyper! :biggrin:

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank Joe for being the superb host that he is!!!  His undying enthusiasm,tireless efforts and fantastic hospitality ensured that we all had a great gathering!!!!

And to Brady, thank-you so much for inviting us into your home.  Your collection and the way it is displayed is stunning:thumbs: Thank-you also, once again for our wonderful lunch.  

Seeing the Morphy auction, hunting for bots at the antique stores, and even purchasing some neat pieces was fantastic, however they pale in comparison to the awesome welcome I received, without exception, from all the Alphadromers.  I've never felt so honoured to be part of such a charismatic, thoughtful and knowledgeable group of people who took the time to help a novice collector:cheers:

Cheers

This is the only one I took. Just a quick shot -- sorry it's not better, Stan. I'm sure other people have more. image.thumb.jpg.8612f45415329b3ce7293f98

A few shots I took of the A-1. Hope these help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:biggrin:Pat and Brent in deep discussions, welcome Brent!!

Pat and Brent3.JPG

Pat and Brent2.JPG

One of my highlights!  Thanks Pat for the Super 7 mag and all the Robby info

The pleasure was all ours Brent, Kelly and I had great fun talking robots with you, we need new members to keep things fresh.  Glad to hear you had fun at your first Botstock.  Our apologies for not mentioning in more detail the pavilion out back of the Blackhorse Hotel where we normally gather.  Generally if anyone wants to hang out that's where we go and others follow, day or late night.  Easy for us to get in touch throughout the weekend.

The pleasure was all ours Brent, Kelly and I had great fun talking robots with you, we need new members to keep things fresh.  Glad to hear you had fun at your first Botstock.  Our apologies for not mentioning in more detail the pavilion out back of the Blackhorse Hotel where we normally gather.  Generally if anyone wants to hang out that's where we go and others follow, day or late night.  Easy for us to get in touch throughout the weekend.

​So did you two go off speaking Canadian to each other?

​So did you two go off speaking Canadian to each other?

He's west coast I'm east.  We learned each other's dialect pretty quickly eh?

It was great to meet you and Kelly!  I really enjoyed our conversations and your wealth of knowledge:biggrin:Really cool Mego Man collection Kelly, thanks for the demos!  No worries on the not mentioning the pavilion as I did get to hang out on Saturday night which was fun.

Kelly's awesome painting, an appropriate shrine at the pavilion out back of the Blackhorse!image.thumb.jpg.8c03bc483bdaa8fd34b320cb

He's west coast I'm east.  We learned each other's dialect pretty quickly eh?

Yes, it took awhile to figure out that Ontario accent.  So who am I?  Bob or Doug? :cheers:

Archived