Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner at the Blackhorse, some of our esteemed members including an new member Jim (Kronos).

Phil, Joe, Joe K., Jim, Steve and Pat.

Rest1.JPG

Clockwise:   Dr. Atomic (Brian), Altaira (Kelly), Tinplate6 (Brady) IRobot (Brent) Thunder (Perry), Ken Knetzel and Pam.

Rest3.JPG

Thank you Joe for having us, a better host would not be possible.  Your kindness and boundless energy are simply amazing.:cheers:

I made it back home from Botstock yesterday. It was another great time catching up with old friends and making new ones. Thanks to Joe for hosting again, making arrangements, and sharing the amazing Toy Robot Museum with us all as well as posting Botstock pictures all weekend. Thanks to Brady for another tour of his expanded and beautifully displayed collection of every genre of space and scifi related toys and collectibles. Thanks to Pam and Ken for driving to Brady"s.

On two of the group photos it looks like Pat K has sprouted an antenna.

It was nice to meet everyone, we had such a fun time. Most of my robot money was lost at Shupp's buying stuff for the backyard (not my idea). I did manage to get two robots that I have been trying to find for years. Jay brought the tomy build a robot set which allows you to make 81 different robots, one at a time. The red and blue one in the pic is an example. Thanks Jay. Larry donated the Horikawa gear robot to the raffle that I have been trying to find for years. When I lifted the box top and saw that the red disc for the eyes that you always see on these was not there I was very happy, thanks Larry and thanks to Joe for being such a great host as usual. Lastly finally getting to talk with Steve in person was a highlight, keep in touch buddy.

20150602_140616.jpg

Nice job on the bugs robot Mike !

​Thanks very much John!!   I DID have his 'vents' drawn on him but they were painted over on the final re-paint and forgot to add them again.  The antennae will be on him soon.  I was taking these pieces to the recycle bin when I stacked 'em up and they reminded me of something. His eyes are scale model railroad lightbulbs complete with filaments.

goodies1.JPG

It was a highlight for me too Plasticaugie! and yes thank you Mr Rigg - your one special guy to do this for us!.

My acquisitions from this year's Botstock. Every thing works...well...except the Busy Robot with Wheelbarrow. He did work when I first got him home...but as he was running and doing his thing, he started making this grinding sound and squeal and seized up. You can hear the motor try to kick in, but nothing moves...the gears are stuck. But he looks good on the shelf. The MAQ talks, but moves sluggishly, but I attribute that to age I suppose.

MAQ.jpg

BusyRobot.jpg

ApolloBottle.jpg

Archived