Mr. Atom's Eyes.

SH MIKE

Hello Guys: I am new to this site. What a wonderful site. On the topic of Mr Atom, I am looking for some dome eyes for this one that I purchased off of ebay. Any ideas on what I can use? I know it seems easy and you start to look at all packaging for products in the stores. I think the diameter is close to 3/4 of an inch. If it is something from the grocery that would be great. Thanks for your help. Victor

Welcome Victor! I looked for "off the shelf' packages when I bought mine many years ago without success. I wound up buying a cheap toy vacuform machine and made my own.

I did the same thing as a kid, when I was into Aurora's H.O. ThunderJet slot cars. I used it to make bodies from Matchbox cars.

post-16-0-60726900-1377880066.jpg

Mattel's Vac-U-Form set

Hey Guys/Joe thanks a lot for the advice on Mr Atom's Dome eyes. I have to look into this Vac-U-Form set. Seems like there are aways parts that you need in the future.

One other thing, does anyone have a toy ad of Mr Atom Robot? could be a PDF file or something. I like to collect robot toy ads from EBAY. Always great fun to look at these advertisements. There is another great wedsite called www.attackingmartian.com. I think the owner of this site is a member of this site, not sure, but you should see those old robot toy ads on that web page.

There is another great book out there called The Big Toy Box at Sears. This is a combined Sears Christmas catalogs of all the robots that were in the Sears catalogs. Great stuff. Thanks again for your help and certainly want to meet with you at the next BotStock. Joe I have to visit you soon. I live in Freehold, New Jersey, not far away at all. Hope to see you soon. Take care Guys, and have a great weekend. Victor

Check out the Timeline section. Joe has been working on adverts for years. I've been thinking about a catalog section for some time. The scans aren't particularly high quality but they would be better than nothing.

Archived