Robot 700 Found In Bavaria

Dirk

Thank you - JOHN,

thats the second one from 1961. There is a first one from 1959, but i can only find the first page, missing the drawing. I remember very well, that the first drawing Shows the Robot with the smaller eyes.

Roboto - Yep mine has blue plugs - These plugs (called Banana plugs / Bananen Stecker in Germany) were very common in the older days - you could have bought them in every elektronic shop. But they were original parts of Roboter 700.

Thank you PeeBee & Eagle! It was found in an outbuilding of an old chateau in the far south of Germany. It survived there all the years in unplayed condition, nobody seems to have an interrest in it. It was found there, when that outbuilding was cleaned out among many other different things.

Oh this just gets better !! But from the outbuilding to you ?? How many connections ? People talk about how important the boxes are to go with these toys,,,how true,,but not near as exciting as the stories that go with the toy.....The hunt is always more exciting than the kill. If the details are secret,,I understand..

Congratulations Dirk! An amazing find! I have one question. Did you really let Robot 700 drink all of that beer?

MARK - From cleaning out the outbuilding to a fleamarket / bootsale. And somebody bought it there and contacted me...

And yes - after that Long journey Robot 700 needed a big beer, JOE! :thumbs:

Dirk it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, my friend.

This is a case of Karma. Who else would have had the

knowlege, appreciation and to be at that place and time.

Just imagine if this Robot went from the boot sale to some

4 year old kid's sand box. It would have been great if some

young kid had and loved this toy and kept it until he was old.

Unfortunately, this child would have likely tossed it aside for

a new video game... :breakit:

Archived