Our First Robots

Is this your Yoshiya (KO) robot? Nailed this one about 10 years ago from Italy. I had been after one for decades and I'd been watching the e-bay listing for this one. I was a little short in the $ department at the time and I didn't catch the end of the auction. When I looked at the result of what he had sold for it surprised me it went for so little. Back then you could e-mail the winner and make an offer which I did and over a couple of days of haggling and adding $$$ the seller agreed to re-address him to me. So....he went from the U.S. to Italy then straight to Canada after an address label change. He still works wonderfully althought the remote wire is very stiff now as compared to when I received him. This was my 2nd robot toy I originally had, wind-up then this one. I shot this guy's 6 fingers off as projectiles as I did with his black wind-up brother in the early '60's.

post-298-0-31947200-1416839751_thumb.jpg

Krel, are you sure that gold robot wasn't a gold Attacking Martian. THey came in three colors...brown, silver and gold, each one more rare in progression. THe gold ones demand a high price these days.

post-125-0-84493400-1416854503.jpg

Morbius, thank you for that photo, it brings back memories. I wasn't sure my memories about the red plastic behind the chest and grill was correct. Nice to see that they are. And those eraser red hands!

Kennetzel, that sure looks llike the robot I had, the head is real familiar for some reason. :biggrin: I had that robot for years, sitting on my shelf until my Dad gave it to a child of my Sister's friend, along with my Odd Ogg, Erector sets and Thingmaker molds. Why the Thingmaker molds? You couldn't get Plasti-Goop back then. The worst part, is that the kids Grandfather was a toy salesman!

David.

Is this your Yoshiya (KO) robot? Nailed this one about 10 years ago from Italy. I had been after one for decades and I'd been watching the e-bay listing for this one. I was a little short in the $ department at the time and I didn't catch the end of the auction. When I looked at the result of what he had sold for it surprised me it went for so little. Back then you could e-mail the winner and make an offer which I did and over a couple of days of haggling and adding $$$ the seller agreed to re-address him to me. So....he went from the U.S. to Italy then straight to Canada after an address label change. He still works wonderfully althought the remote wire is very stiff now as compared to when I received him. This was my 2nd robot toy I originally had, wind-up then this one. I shot this guy's 6 fingers off as projectiles as I did with his black wind-up brother in the early '60's.

post-1682-0-56663600-1416923899_thumb.jp

Morbius, thank you for that video, I spent a lot of time watching it. It is amazing that those rubber hands have lasted so long.

Kennetzel, I spent some time on search engines looking at that robot. It is the one I had, although I remember mine having a more metallic paint job. Amazing how the details can change in your memories in the short passing of 47 years. :rolling:

The only way I ever thought that I would find out about these robots is when... :pigsfly:

Thank you both for bring back some good memories.

David.

You're very welcome Krel! Here's the earlier metal hand version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ri1IhJRug&list=TL-Py4nHRhH78

Yes, this one has a pink face gel, rubber hand has red. Youtube: spiritgirl2796

The rubber hands are still intact. A few years ago a visitor to the robot room went to shake his hand and I basically tackled him yelling 'NOOOO'! :ohmy:

I also found my Time Machine I think it was called, these aliens and I think there was a Robot you would place the square pellet into the Time machine oven and they would open up, you could press them back into a square too. I'll have to post it up. I wonder if it still works, I'm missing the tongs to handle the hot Aliens fresh out of the oven, now days they wouldn't have toys you could burn yourself with. Lol. I posted this before but I found my Outer limits board game too. Loved that game.

Archived