Botstock XI - And so it begins...

Pam

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND SO IT ENDS...I had a wonderful time at Dinner tonight. I was the lucky winner of the John Rigg Alphabot Prototype. Bidding got a little high, and I just reached my limit, but nobody bid higher. But it was a must have considering it had my artwork on the box. Prototype bot in original art...a must have. Thanks to all who made it a great weekend for everyone.

post-125-0-91782100-1401664610_thumb.jpg

This is my haul from this week. I got 7 mego men in total (5 found in the town itself after hours of hunting) & a few great finds including a Mr. Atomic, 7 ray guns, & what looks to be a mint store stock Jupiter robot.

post-728-0-80948200-1401667085_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-99954400-1401667115_thumb.jpg

Home safe and sound from one of the best Botstock cons ever. I had been absent from the Botstock scene for the past three years. It was absolutely fantastic to catch up with everyone this weekend and it was my first time participating on Friday evening. Usually, I'm only there Saturday and Sunday.

Today, I was absolutely ecstatic to find this Deka Star Trek: The Motion Picture kitchenware set at Renninger's Antique Mall. I already had the mug and cereal bowl (also the soup bowl), but not in the mint condition that I found today. Extremely pleased now to have a perfect set.

See everyone next time! Have a wonderful and safe summer!

post-539-0-57886200-1401671469_thumb.jpg

post-539-0-59017600-1401671476_thumb.jpg

post-539-0-28266500-1401671481_thumb.jpg

What an amazing Botstock this year! It was so much fun seeing everyone. Thanks to everyone who came out, to everyone who contributed swag and artistic creations, to the dealers who brought so much great stuff, and ESPECIALLY to Joe and Brady for hosting us. The people make the hobby, and all you guys and gals are the best people in the world!

I've got photos, I've got new additions to my collection... All of which I'll share tomorrow when I'm way more functional!

Can't wait until Botstock 12!

Hello Guys.

Looked like you all had a great weekend there, really wished I could have joined you there this year. I will try to attend on botstock next year.
The groups photo looked great but there was ONE thing I noticed.... why the hell on earth is NOBODY wearing SHOES ! :) ???

Cheers from the Netherlands

Marco

post-718-0-74281600-1401694855_thumb.jpg

Why spend money on shoes when you can buy a robot, space toy or ray gun instead? :biggrin:

(To help keep Brady's Man Cave and entire beautiful home immaculate, our "dirty" shoes were left in the garage!)

Hello Joe,

I allready figured something out like this :) It was really funny to see everybody there pictured without shoes ! :)
Looked like you had a very good botstock this year, even on socks hahahahah

Cheers

Marco

Man I wish I could have been there! I miss you guys.

But the trade off was being in a play that was very well received. On closing night (this past Saturday night, which is why I couldn't make this year's Botstock) we got not only a standing ovation but the applause was held for so long that we went out for a second curtain call! The first time in my thirteen years as an actor that this has happened!!

By the way, for any of you wondering how my health is holding up after my stroke last year, I was able to memorize a sizeable role and pull off the run of performances so I'm doing quite well thank you.

I would have gladly taken off my shoes to see your fantastic ray gun collection Brady, hell I wouldn't even mind the frisk on the way out!!

I'll try really hard to make it next year. Long live Botstock!!

I'm still resting up from the fast and furious weekend at Botstock, it seems like it came and went in the blink of an eye. As always it was great...no, awesome seeing my fellow Alphadromers and friends. Discussing robots, ray guns, and space toys with like-minded people is a real treat. Many thanks to all who attended and to those who couldn't, especially Brian, and a special thanks to Joe K., Doc Atomic, Tinplate6, and John! The raffle at Sunday's dinner was unexpected and well appreciated by the "meat" of Alphadrome!

I'm still cleaning and preparing my booty from the three-day experience and will post pics when complete. Below is what I had on display during this year's event...space cars, Coma Spacemen, and a couple robots I'm building out of plastic parts, etc. The robots are about 4-4.5 inched tall, unfortunately I wasn't able to get them finished and painted before Botstock rolled around.

post-329-0-32015800-1401745747_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-45034000-1401745768_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-54192800-1401745778_thumb.jpg

Archived