My Collection

Fineas J. Whoopie

Absolutely beautiful! Most of those are on my wish list. Let me guess. No kids? Lol. Maybe one day,I will be brave and post my collection. Maybe in a couple years when I have something to show. Nice job. :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don,

Thanks for indulging me! I agree with everyone else, your display is wonderful. It is a nice mix of old and new, well displayed.

You have what look to be a mint condition Chief Smokey, Directional Robot and Pug Robby. Those three pieces are high on my -Must Have- list!

Love those saucers and rocket ships! I am in the process of building up that part of my collection too. I would love to see a closeup of the Moon Express - it looks like a quality piece you have there. I have bid on a couple but have not won one yet.

Two Questions....

1. What is that insect looking robot between the Mr machine and Robert?

2. Could you also show the space guns in your glass topped floor display case?

Thanks again for indulging me! :P

Thanks Fin very nice collection!! I really like the saucers...

I am planning on "expanding" my collection on the suacers section so yours is an excellent reference :D

PS: Robert I didn't recognize you with that new green face....

Steve, Mr. Jan, Campy Craig, Robothunter, Mike Van, Papatoad, Robert and Duxastrogirl-

Thank you. I must admit that posting the whole collection is a bit nerve-racking and your kind words are a big help at putting me at ease. (let's face it, a dead silence would have sparked an inferiority complex! :lol: )

Robert-

Not a problem, I had lots of fun taking the pictures. First here is the Moon Express. The only clue to manufacture is "ARG" on the battery door. I love the beautiful litho on this one also.

post-2-1091982168.gif

The "insect looking robot" is an Outer Space Spider There are a few on ebay right now and they go for cheap. It walks along (on alternating sets of legs) with illuminated eyes and head bobbing, then stops to let an astronaut pop out of it's chest.

post-2-1091983198.gifRobert_insect_2.gif

And finaly here are the guns, nothing special or rare, but colorfull, fun and good for a cheap "fix" now and then.

I don't know if I was indulging you or visa versa Robert 😉 , but it was fun. Thanks again all!

post-2-1091983411.gifRobert_guns.gif

Lookin' good, FJW. Love the new shelf set ups. They really show off the variety of your collection. I might have mentioned this to you before, but it seems like the glass under the saucers helps create the impression of their floating in space... Perhaps it's more figurative -- the glass represents, to me, empty space, and thus makes me think of the toys as hovering. Regardless, it looks fantastic and is a great effect.

Oh, and I wouldn't dismiss your guns, Fineas. It's a nice collection of Japanese and American litho pieces. I love that Bubble Shooting gun -- it's so complex looking, it really sparks the imagination. I'm also a big fan of the Ranger Cosmic Ray Gun and the Chien Atomic Gun (or whatever they're called). They're two of the few American lithoed pieces from the 1950s. Both are on my want list, but they rarely come up in such nice condition as yours.

And again, your display of them looks great -- AND provides an nice staging area for individual shots of your robots and saucers! :)

ditto Doc!,

I love those Japanese tins. Sure, they may not be the rarest, most expensive guns out there, but some of them have the most elaborate, intricate litho ever created on a toy. I am glad they are inexpensive. You can build up a really nice display (as FJW has done) for very little money.

That Outer Space Spider is cool! I will be picking one up. Thanks for the pics!

Great looking collection FJW and nicely displayed. It looks like you have realy added alot of goodies since last year!

Thanks for sharing the pic's.

FJW,

Just wanted to add my two thumbs up....I never really

ventured into the saucer arena, so it's nice to be able

to live vicariously through your wonderful collection of

spaceships...They look GREAT !!!

Also, it's nice to see so many of those robots again...

last time I saw some of them they were on my Ebay

watch list...:P

Keep up the good work !!!!

Thank you for showing your pictures and your great collection.

And dont worry, we are definitively not competing by showing our pieces and collections.

Each collection and display is different and shows the interest and favourites of each collector.

Even I have seen normally most of the pieces from other collections already in books or somewhere else or even in my collection its always inspiring me and keeping up or pushing forward my own interest in the hobby.

Everybody has different imaginations and stories even about the same toys.

And sometimes, it happens that you see a piece in a special variation which you havent seen before, and thats whats giving me the final kick by looking at other collections.

And also a collection is a living thing, you take or move pieces, you change the display, you add or even somtimes sell or trade pieces.

So keep them living your collections...

:) Wow, FJW, beautiful collections! I love them all. Well done, indeed!

Message to all Alphadromers:

Let no robot and space toy collector EVER be ashamed to show pictures of their collection on Alphadrome, this is our passion! This is what we do in our spare time, with our spare money, and sometimes in time and money that we can't afford, but indulge anyway. We'd love to see everyone showing off their babies! We have only praise and enthusiasm for collectors new to the hobby and seasoned veterans alike. -Larry 7

Robobob-

Thanks, I actually laughed out loud on that watching page line.

John-

That trip to the Robothut last year was the first time that I was able to see someone elses collection in person. Many of the pieces that I have picked up since then are one's that I got a better apreciation for after seeing first hand at your place. My head was full of robot dreams on that drive home, let me tell you!

Gernot-

I agree, and I certainly don't think any of us are in competition with each other, my comment was meant to show respect only. I'm glad you got a chance to see my collection and share in the results of my personal collecting experiences. :)

very nice indeed! you have added so much since the last time we took a look at your collection, keep it up. and yes, those glass shelves really do the trick nicely.

DAMN!!! you're getting me interested in space guns now...AAAHHHHHH! :D

Thanks Larry, well said. The most natural thing in the world when collectors meet is to share their collections with each other. I love seeing other peoples collections -I bet we all do.

And RPHR, - Thank you.

Archived