Ultrarobotman's collection

Ultrarobotman

Your TV robot is a wonderful addition, I know it's a fave among many of the top collectors.  Lots of action and about the best robot look, don't know why I've never added one.  Congrats!!!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• Morbius

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quick update of my walking silver robot collection. There are not many robots I will collect more than one of but this series is one example. The one in front is the original robot I brought home from the New Jersey boardwalk as a child in the late 1970s I believe. He is proud to be up front showing all the battle scars given from an adventurous young boy. They all work and they all have their entire feet intact. 

98963F1D-9479-4E2D-BCEF-A5B396F47F08.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently added this red and grey Yone Roto to my collection so now the all grey one has a brother. They both work great and have that whimsical turning around while  walking action. You could wind these a million times and they’ll still go strong. I like the back lithos on these. 

483EC7F4-BD52-4B77-BBC1-1AFA90304927.jpeg

EE1AD6A5-BEDE-46C4-B95F-B5E9EAE31722.jpeg

I have the box of a red but with a grey inside! :diggin:

Anyway,  I appreciate those robots and their Hong Kong fellows.

It's a good start for a new army!

31 minutes ago, 6Stelab9 said:

I have the box of a red but with a grey inside! :diggin:

Anyway,  I appreciate those robots and their Hong Kong fellows.

It's a good start for a new army!

Thanks, 6Stelab9, but this series will not result in an army. I am very curious- does the Korean version work very well and appear to be a quality robot? I have often thought of buying a knock-off of the Japanese versions of some of these wind-ups just to compare but never did. You are lucky to have a box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, Ultrarobotman said:

Thanks, 6Stelab9, but this series will not result in an army. I am very curious- does the Korean version work very well and appear to be a quality robot? I have often thought of buying a knock-off of the Japanese versions of some of these wind-ups just to compare but never did. You are lucky to have a box.

Difficult to say. I have a pair of Yone and a pair of Hong Kong version but no one  works convincingly. Anyway, I like the different litho versions and I have got to get more. IMG_1664.JPG

On 3/17/2018 at 6:59 AM, 6Stelab9 said:

Difficult to say. I have a pair of Yone and a pair of Hong Kong version but no one  works convincingly. Anyway, I like the different litho versions and I have got to get more. IMG_1664.JPG

I must apologize for assuming your non-Yone , non-Japan version was Korean and not Hong-Kong. Sorry. You have the robot and box, you would know. I have researched this a little and see the Yone was the original " "Swivel Robot" followed by knock-offs by both Hong Kong and Korea. I have searched the database here and another site and cannot find your version with the long horizontal ligbtning bolt on the chest. Yours may very well need to be added to our database. I personally have never seen this version on Ebay either.nice robots and yes, mine take a convincing tap on tbe shoulder to keep them moving as well...

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I added another Yone Captain to my collection a few months back and I am now updating my Japanese robot Captain collection of 4 with 1 original box. They all look and work great. I brought one of these home as a souvenir from the New Jersey boardwalk as a kid. Probably wound him up a million times. One tough robot. 

3867DE55-66C6-48EF-9196-7E9DF0BA43BE.jpeg

8EB6BE6C-E4B7-475B-BD0E-18053C463516.jpeg

On 18/03/2018 at 2:22 AM, Ultrarobotman said:

I must apologize for assuming your non-Yone , non-Japan version was Korean and not Hong-Kong. Sorry. You have the robot and box, you would know. I have researched this a little and see the Yone was the original " "Swivel Robot" followed by knock-offs by both Hong Kong and Korea. I have searched the database here and another site and cannot find your version with the long horizontal ligbtning bolt on the chest. Yours may very well need to be added to our database. I personally have never seen this version on Ebay either.nice robots and yes, mine take a convincing tap on tbe shoulder to keep them moving as well...

Hi Ultrarotman,

There is a small army here in Paris ;-)

Alain

robots.jpg

Congratulations for the robot captain, Ultrarobotman.  Don't you plan to have a MTU version?

Alain, it's seems you have all the versions of the revolving/Swivel robots

-Swivel robot (HK)/ orange and greenish version (there is a more black version I think)

-Walking robot with revolving action (HK)

- Revolving robot or  Walking explorer robot  (yone Japan)/ grey and red versions.

- Revolving and walking Robot (MTU/Korea)

I'd like to have them all.

I wonder if the box I own for the red yone was the same for the grey one because  I have often seen photos with  this combinaison.

6 hours ago, robotoy75 said:

Hi Ultrarotman,

There is a small army here in Paris ;-)

Alain

robots.jpg

Alain, I enjoy seeing these armies of robots ready to march and yours is very nice and impressive ! :thumbs: