Ultrarobotman's collection

Ultrarobotman

Years ago as the Space Doom series started from MH a very few of them had there inner Fly eyes done as such from the factory with inner bracket and inner reflector for the light to shine of the base and out. There were also a very few Space evils done the same way called Mars Demon with there red gel lit eyes. Adding this inner light to the head makes the Robot really stand out. :biggrin:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• Morbius

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, and thanks Roboto I knew that I just assumed that most collectors knew that about the production models, I was just talking about those who customize.

My next back from the dead Martian will be Scottish royal blue with matching eyes, ON WITH THE QUEST.

• 1 month later...

Adding two more Super Astronauts to the family.I just got these two as a set; some of you may have seen them listed last week. One was missing the left arm, had the face shield and face detached but present ( amazing how we keep learning- possibly my favorite Horikawa since it is the one that started it all for me back in the very early '70's and it took this detached face for me to now realize that the face inside is lithoed metal and not cardboard like I thought! ). Both were listed as working, basically as one good one and a bonus. Neither one worked.The bonus one had the legs horribly bent, and the good one's arm was off too but present. After working out a compromised deal with the seller who turned out to be very cool about the whole thing ( I think these were a re-sell deal they knew little about) it turns out I got them for even a lower price. l did spend a few hours on these two, most time spent with my multi-tester looking for power at usual spots and finding none due to plastic mouldings keeping the battery from making contact with the terminal., as pictured here- frustrating as heck, unusual, and to fix I bent the term. up to make contact.post-1682-0-02128800-1378157182_thumb.jpand no, the prior corrosion was not the culprit. Anyway, without writing a book, after cleaning, adjusting and everything else here are these two additions even though both motors scream, but I'm not going to swap them out till they quit.post-1682-0-73456800-1378157693_thumb.jp :cheers: :Also, I did leave the top tabs in the "up" position on the left robot for when i can find a left arm for him, so I don't have to re-bend too many times.

Great job Ultra,

I saw these two also but opted to get the Attacking Martian instead, I am currently putting it back together, the color well just you wait and see.

Great work! Only cost you an arm rather than the proverbial combo. Congrats on bringing them back to life, I tried with a Roto Robot in the mid-'70's and messed it up big time and he breathed his last rat-a-tat-tat, never tried repairing 'em again. :breakit: Great that some Alphadromers are capable of doing this work. :hail:

• 4 months later...

A colourful post, nice tin. I see more shelves in your future... :lecture: and a wonderful start to the 'son's' collection especially the sets of similar robots with different colours and litho that sit so well together.

You know it never ends, don't you??? The MANCAVE at the Morbius' house is being overtaken. AND LOVING IT!!

• 1 month later...

Adding this New Meter Robot to Ultrason's collection. Great looking robot an especially the box. very durable.post-1682-0-73198100-1396215914_thumb.jp

This new series from MH with the Space evil head design is really nice to see. I like the idea of the antenna that rotates along with the other features. The yellow color turned out great for this version and its nice to see another meter robot out there. :thumbs: