Ultrarobotman's collection

Ultrarobotman

Ultrarobotson, welcome to the Drome! That is a fine starter collection you have. I see several of the reproduction robots that I have in my collection...some folks here turn their nose up at them, but for beginning collectors like you and me I think they're pretty awesome!

My favorites of yours are the 60s vintage plastic ones...if they're the Japanese rather than the Taiwanese ones, they're especially choice, but either way those are some sweeeeeet 'bots! I saw your Metal House bot in the other thread...that is a great catch! I'm still saving up for mine.

Good luck in your quest for ever more awesome Robots!

Cheers, Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• Morbius

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much everyone for the nice replies ! I wish you could have seen a 9 yr old boy smile ear to ear, and also, a 46-yr old doing the same., Really, he was on top of the world.( and so was I ) Thanks again :biggrin: I have included a photo of MY latest bot, this is confusing to have two collections on one post or site for that matter, Oh well...post-1682-0-83955800-1369010537_thumb.jp

Great looking Fighting Robot the blue color really stands out and its nice to see that MH has started to make the mouth with a different look to the litho tin. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this one for a decent price. Bought it as non-working, though. Now to tinker with it... :biggrin:post-1682-0-22191500-1370514267_thumb.jp

Thanks,TP6, and BTW, after only a few minutes, with the switch on, and through the easily accessable holes in the side of the body, I helped get the motor running by turning the gears and he is fully functional !!! :biggrin:,and then we did an ooh, ahh !! :cheers:

Finally added this new "cylinder Robot". This was a pre-order going all the way back to Dec.26 2012 and just showed up the other day; apparently I missed the first shipment, but the wait is half the fun ! :biggrin: features a spinnig antenna and gears with rockers that move back and forth.post-1682-0-24275400-1370794854_thumb.jp

I wonder what happened to your order. I saw you had the Fighting gun Robot which also took a while to get. Love the color it reminds me of the New TV robot MH released a while ago with the Martian head. Perhaps one day soon you will make a video on these. MH has the videos but theres are not very clear and up close . This version should also have 2 inner lights below the side inner silver buttons yes. Another great MH robot added to your cool collection. :thumbs:

Wonderful to read from you, Roboto. I also wondered and e-mailed R.I. why so long for my order. I actually HAVE recently put thoght into going into youtube or the new {youtube} video here. I would like to build a decent arena for the robots to move around in first,though. Something original of course, We all enjoy your background of the lavalamps and such. :biggrin: This would be a whole new venture for me, stepping into totally unfamilliar grounds.If I knew how to do it, I probably would have one or two up tonight,.As for the new cylionder robot, Roboto, yes, it DOES have lights inside as you asked.The color looks just like this one to me...post-1682-0-32363900-1370861123_thumb.jp

Thanks,Racerxc70, someday, too, for all of us. Anyway, I am finally learning at a grade- school level how to work a camera.I should've had my flash on for my last photo, sorry everyone, it makes the color look a lot more like it should...now the color matches the new cylinder robot.post-1682-0-72481600-1371002963_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

And adding this one now to the collection. I will have to open this one up, though, to make him fully functional, it spins but no walking or lighted guns. purchased knowing this. :biggrin:post-1682-0-79593100-1372996904_thumb.jp

Thanks, All, and it was a moderate fix, but it is fully functional and after much deliberation, He's not been modified. It was almost a full tear-down, I found the plastic spline (?) gear, the one on the vertical rod, not the off-set bent one for the legs to be in the wrong position. 100% certain not cracked, just the wrong spot. Weird. Forced it back in position, crimped the arm collars so they don't swing anymore and can be posed, made good connection at the negative contact point for the gun lights through one of the three body holes on the side (luckily) and finally re-soldered one of the gun bulbs back in after being SOOO close to modifying ALL the lights,( I cut one out and had l.e.d.'s ready) including stealling Racerxc70's lighted face idea and I was going to drill-out the small clear plastic end pieces on the bottom of the chestplate for small l.e.d.'s but changed my mind at the very last moment. Working great, a fair price with free shipping. :thumbs:

It's not stealing, it's a compliment. I'm just surprised that someone else had not done it before me, and who knows someone may have. :cheers: