New Metal House Bots.

Roboto

Guest TokyoTinToys
On 4/30/2016 at 4:14 AM, Roboto said:

Robots like these from MH will never be made again...

HAR HAR HAR

Nice working evil with its Dino inside. Hopefully on this production model the body will be painted better since you can see the blue under. This was a problem with the original white evils and I had to repaint the body white again mine had a red under the white and you could see the 2 tone white thru out the robot. I wish MH would do a better paint finish on the newer robots since the cost is up there.

I do like the eyes and its nice to see those blue open doors as they were on the Astro2 version.

metalhousedinowhiterotatomatic_1024x1024.jpg

Well Robot Island's got it , for $465 ! I guess there will be a variety of these series in different colors.

Its always nice to see the Dino head within the robot just like this Monster version had. And an all green version would look even better.:biggrin:

mh_monster.jpg

Yes it does appear to be a nice robot however for myself and with the last few related robots that had to be repainted and repaired the roto was binding the cost of almost $500.00 to buy is no longer worth it for me. 

Will we ever see a nice robot like this Martian driver painted very well with his moving hand all lit up inside and the antenna rotates as he walks for under $200.00. The times have changed. Even there sold out version of the Machine Gun robot was painted and done very well and for a great price.     

And will we ever see a very well done robot like this yellow piston as he walks with moving arms with lit pistons and painted also very well for under $300.00.

operatorrobot1_1024x1024.jpg

machinegunrobot2_1024x1024.jpg

pistonrobotyellow.jpeg

On 5/6/2016 at 11:32 AM, Roboto said:

Yes it does appear to be a nice robot however for myself and with the last few related robots that had to be repainted and repaired the roto was binding the cost of almost $500.00 to buy is no longer worth it for me. 

Will we ever see a nice robot like this Martian driver painted very well with his moving hand all lit up inside and the antenna rotates as he walks for under $200.00. The times have changed. Even there sold out version of the Machine Gun robot was painted and done very well and for a great price.     

And will we ever see a very well done robot like this yellow piston as he walks with moving arms with lit pistons and painted also very well for under $300.00.

operatorrobot1_1024x1024.jpg

machinegunrobot2_1024x1024.jpg

pistonrobotyellow.jpeg

Yes, these were some very decent robots I am still happy with.The new one with the dino in the chest is a very cool robot concept but like Roboto, I will not take the chance for that much money on what may be a poor paint job with mechanical issues. Half that price, yeah, I just might order one but not for 500$.

On 3/15/2016 at 3:12 AM, TokyoTinToys said:

The vid is on the previous page.

The official Metal House price is 30,000 yen (approximately US$265).

Stay tuned there is a big announcement coming regarding this robot.

It has been two months now, for the few of us that may still be interested, will the big announcement ever be coming ?

I find it hard to believe that MH has so many different price points ! They all used to be around $95 to $135,Now the White one is close to $500 even though different features . Hopefully they will understand that they can sell more at a more reasonable price point . Also new collectors can join in and buy a really nice MH robot .

Yes, Target,you and I would think so. although the 95-135 price range you speak of were from the former Metal House and Tokyo Tin Toys have taken over where they left off, with tools, dies, etc., gone prices must go up with new ventures but not that much with so much less quality. With all the old tools and mastery gone, so are the robots. I've nothing to lose here and can speak my mind. As far as the price you think like me- I would establish my company at a lower, much lower price to get re-started with great quality. I would really like to know exactly who is buying any of these new robots they are putting out since no one one this site is currently. Even through the years I have spent here, I always liked and promoted Metal House robots but very few other members did. Market prices being what they are, their prices must reduce dramatically and quality increase dramatically as well. I know of no other large market besides here at Alphadrome who will buy their products either. On a positive note, they have been making some nice cardboard boxes

On 5/3/2016 at 1:56 PM, Roboto said:

Nice working evil with its Dino inside. Hopefully on this production model the body will be painted better since you can see the blue under. This was a problem with the original white evils and I had to repaint the body white again mine had a red under the white and you could see the 2 tone white thru out the robot. I wish MH would do a better paint finish on the newer robots since the cost is up there.

I do like the eyes and its nice to see those blue open doors as they were on the Astro2 version.

metalhousedinowhiterotatomatic_1024x1024.jpg

This is a cool robot, as for the paint, the video they have on facebook shows a darker white battery door and a lighter white on the body which may indicate the paint problem you speak of. Cool design, I would love to see a space evil with smoking guns!

Yes now this is what MH should do a Space evil with smoking guns would be a great seller However if the cost is at the $500.00 range and the paint is sub as the one seen on the Facebook page with its white light finish on the body so you can still see the blue underneath and the tabs are bent out like they had to do a repair job on the top and sides then there sales will be very poor. This is why I have not bought any of there newer robots its the quality that has failed. They had there last nice run with these Four but again they cost around $500.00. There yellow video version is a TV but no smoke for $500.00 yet there early Red video TV version that smokes ran $150.00 this is why I no longer buy there new poorly made versions. I would have bought the Red meter version but the cost was just to high at $500.00.

goods35.jpg

goods37.jpg

goods38.jpg

goods36.jpg

goods26.jpg

Now here is a great looking Gear Ace robot that lights up inside with moving hands as he walks and the top head also lights up and for only $165.00 and they have a great paint finish to them. Now check out the box art and I wonder if they ever made that different version with the different colored gears and a red inner tin litho and perhaps with its blue paint finish.:thumbs:

metalhousegearacerobot2_1024x1024.jpg

That is a nice gear ace, only slightly different from my older version, mine has the red tin plate inside and the gear colors are just switched around. It is nice we usually agree and seem to have similar likes on the metal house robots but I would not describe the picture on the gear ace as "box art" it is a pathetic photo glued to the box. I really wish they could produce a better true art version like they have many years ago. Some of like you have posted in the past on the Horikawa art works that we enjoyed. I was hopeful when ttt replaced metal house that they would continue with the nicer, heavier boxes with the better box tops they started with, and I personally would not call even that "art" but it was better than photos pasted onto a cardboard box when collectors are paying a lot of money for the product inside. The true box art disappeared many years ago. I wish it were still here, it adds so much to the overall hobby. My older gear ace also bears the R.M. stamp on the battery door; surely this was painted-over on the new version?

On 09/05/2016 at 2:06 AM, target said:

I find it hard to believe that MH has so many different price points ! They all used to be around $95 to $135,Now the White one is close to $500 even though different features . Hopefully they will understand that they can sell more at a more reasonable price point . Also new collectors can join in and buy a really nice MH robot .

i have to agree with Target, the price of the new MH robots are much higher than before, since MH do not take these new prices to measure and there I doubt they have success with it  but MH always had more expensive robots and other cheaper, and in this aspect I agree with MH, who can pay for a more expensive robots then think well,  once the stock runs out, are rare... it is clear that some companies inflate the price of them, I see it, and for that reason we must be alert to this type of situation.