New Metal House Bots.

Roboto

1 hour ago, ROBOHUNTER said:

Totally agree.    I don't like this destroying the moulds business.   They don't need to destroy them to please collectors.   And I bet the Chinese would have bought them too.

Destroying the moulds is a very sad thing, especially for a great robot such as the cosmic fighter. I bought mine in 2008 and remember the description saying that a small quantity was discovered packed away in a Tokyo warehouse from the 1980's, and it was the last Horikawa robot made, and they were selling them off- I'm so glad I bought one! I love the looks as well as the action.

How about this version done thru MH.

Robby the Robot Japan Chrome. The last project of world famous Shinji Miyazawa who was the designing force behind Metal House Toys and Osaka Tin Toy. Mr. Miyazawa designed and built prototypes for many companies in Japan. "Mechanized II" Robot was his final project before his passing in 2014 . Robby stands 10" tall and is battery operated with spinning radar antennas, spinning internal horizontal spool, and lighted head. Limited Edition with certificate complete with box with Mr. Shinji Miyazawa logo.

mech robby1.jpg

Mechanized2Robot_1.jpg

Mechanized2Robot_6.jpg

On 27/01/2018 at 12:43 AM, Roboto said:

We now have the Changeman Robot with Kaleidoscope. This Robot was rebuilt with parts from the original factory and features lighted spinning Kaleidoscope. Only 10 ever produced and was for sale thru Osaka/Metal House. The Robot walks forward with the touch of his 2 button controller the 2nd button controls lighted Kaleidoscope spinning in his belt. This version was for sale in June of 2017 the cost around $2,300.00

changeman1.jpg

changeman2.jpg

Changeman June 2017 vb.jpg

Yes i mean this one of the most beautiful pieces out there, this Change Man has everything, beautiful Litho color sceme, great actions, tin body... first i think they were too expensive i never understood why they made these highier prices... that was a mistake that most probably killed the more elaborate models. and sellings! this robot never should have a limited production and of course many more M.H. and OTTI robots prototypes, etc. and why they didn´t sold the machines and molds to someone else make money.

MH like Osaka are afraid if another company bought there molds they would then start to make hundreds of Cosmic Fighters to even Piston robots with there logo and sell them at a cheap rate the market would then be flooded with robots and the collectors of many years would be sad. Its nice as collectors to have rare hard to find robots even as one of a kind like this one was below.

Rare Metal House Tin Robot Made In Japan Prototype Gear Cockpit Robot333.jpg

Rare Metal House Tin Robot Made In Japan Prototype Gear Cockpit Robot1.jpg

1 hour ago, Roboto said:

MH like Osaka are afraid if another company bought there molds they would then start to make hundreds of Cosmic Fighters to even Piston robots with there logo and sell them at a cheap rate the market would then be flooded with robots and the collectors of many years would be sad. Its nice as collectors to have rare hard to find robots even as one of a kind like this one was below.

It would have been cool to have Cosmic Fighters in different colors at affordable price! Who is really annoyed  with the HaHa repros? Not many of the robot collectors as the origiinal ones are still desirable and repros can satisfy many of the others collerctors if they are sold as repro. They could have found an agreement. I wonder why MH couldn't find someone in Japan to carry one their activity as  japanese  tin toys are really part of the japanese soft power? i'm sure they could have. I think in some years many people  willl think it's a big loss to have let disappear such knowledge in making toys.

It is very sad to see MH now gone and Osaka closing up after many years of giving the world great Tin Toys. Here are a few pics of what once was. 

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6  2011.jpg

12 minutes ago, 6Stelab9 said:

It would have been cool to have Cosmic Fighters in different colors at affordable price! Who is really annoyed  with the HaHa repros? Not many of the robot collectors as the origiinal ones are still desirable and repros can satisfy many of the others collerctors if they are sold as repro. They could have found an agreement. I wonder why MH couldn't find someone in Japan to carry one their activity as  japanese  tin toys are really part of the japanese soft power? i'm sure they could have. I think in some years many people  willl think it's a big loss to have let disappear such knowledge in making toys.

I agree with you, i bought some smoking spaceman robot repros from HaHa toys and i am happy with them, so i mean in one way repros are going to be always repros right? they could be sold with another color combos and different set ups, so the MH and OTTI brands would never be in question and collectors always know the original ones, like have been happening to this date, i understand the japanese culture about doing this behavior but we all love japanese robot brands and designs, and why didn´t they sold all these machines and moldes to another japanese brand ? to continue to operate this knowlege and continue the golden era of japanese tin robots?

Now if only MH would have made a Limited run on this Prop Roboteer that would have been Fantastic as another addition to this version!!

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House1.jpg

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House2.jpg

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House5.jpg

I remember seeing this version in 2016 with its Horikawa brown paint finish however upon closer looks there were different color areas in a flat black which told me that MH had begun to use NOS bin part to make it happen. This was a great version with its lit eyes and a rare smoker no less as  rotator. This one has a great looking Box!!

metalhousemrvolcano1_1024x1024.jpg

mh1 Head smoker 2016.jpg

Up next we have MH Merry go round Robot with only 10 make there was also a proto-type version done in white with a different looking inner colored merry go round. They walked while having the merry go round run with lit inners and with spinning antennas on its head.

2merry  10 made.jpg

2merry 10 made (2).jpg

2merry 10 made.jpg

2merry go round.jpg

On 29/01/2018 at 9:02 PM, Roboto said:

Now if only MH would have made a Limited run on this Prop Roboteer that would have been Fantastic as another addition to this version!!

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House1.jpg

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House2.jpg

Rare Prototype Roboteer Tin Robot Made In Japan By Metal House5.jpg

yes it´s amazing so many cool robots and so little money :blub:

MH also made 10 Aircraft Carrier robots with planes rotating around within. They used smaller AA batteries for space which was great for less weight.

aircraft-carrier 10 made.jpg

aircraftcarrierrobot3.jpg

air craft carrier.jpg

air craft carrier1.jpg

MH also made 10 Aircraft Carrier robots with planes rotating around within.

Cool design concept - I wonder if all of the airplanes used the same scrap tin?   
as seen in the second shot - looks like old stock handsets from the Rosko repro.