New Metal House Bots.

Roboto

It was nice to see this newly made version of the Space Doom for sale one last time from MH/Osaka the box is plain but the robot has a great looking color combo and has that MH stamp on the back. Perhaps they will make the box photo version with what ever parts they have left at a later date.  Shown below is what the original Space Doom with art box and paper work looked like and what there color versions are. The last built versions were done in Black/purple with a few in Metallic purple.

69p1.jpg

69p2.jpg

doom_001.jpg

Space doom series.JPG

MetallicPurpleandBlack.jpg

I wonder if MH had started a Golden run on the Star Patrol as shown in these photos from the Star Patrol 1 to the Star Patrol 2 to that golden sample photo?

1 star.jpg

1 star2.jpg

This version came and went fast called Cylinder gear robot not many made. Also we have a box photo of the same version with that one Antenna and Cylinder head as a fighting machine. Both version done very well by MH.

Cylinder a.jpg

fighting robot1.jpg

fightingrobotmetalhouse.jpg

MH had a great run with there piston robots and here we have one very rare Black/Yellow version with Head and arms that moves as he walks with those moving pistons with inner lights. There were only 50 makes of the Star Ranger plus they had that rear MH RM Logo.

Star piston 2.jpg

Star Ranger2.jpg

Around 2010 MH listed there last run using molds for the Cosmic Fighter after which the molds were destroyed. There were 35 made and sold out fast.

Cosmic fighter 35m.jpg

1 hour ago, Roboto said:

Around 2010 MH listed there last run using molds for the Cosmic Fighter after which the molds were destroyed. There were 35 made and sold out fast.

Were the molds worn out or they destroyed them just to insure a kind of scarcity? Because  it sounds a bit stupid to destroy in 2010 such parts which can be used again or at least  join a collection.

On there site back then in 2010 they said they wanted to make sure that this would be the last forever run on the Cosmic Fighter and the molds were to be broken apart never to be used again so they said to buy this last run on the Cosmic Fighter once the molds are gone its gone forever. MH had started to wind down production as the Tin Toy World was fading away. The last 35 had new boxes and all NOS parts. I was going to order one but they had been sold out in Japan. 

I wonder how many more molds have been broken away since no more MH robots are being made but for perhaps whatever parts are still in there bins.

They even had a NOS Piston Robot made in Black with clear covers like the other colors as a last run in Japan this one was for sale at around $1,000.00 at the time.

pistonrobotprototypesweb.jpg

piston1.jpg

piston2.jpg

Thanks for your reply Roboto. it's just a little sad to destroy molds in order to justify very short run and such expensive prices. They should  have bettter sold them to some chinese compagny to produce some variations. I think making one of its kind and expensive robots aimed for  wealthy collectors is a bit strange. IMO, a sad way to say goodbye to toy making.

It seems like MH needed to do so so in the long run other Chinese companies would not make such robots with there names and create a new market for themselves. Over time MH robots should become very collectible since no more new line production is going to happen what is out there is out there!

We now have the Changeman Robot with Kaleidoscope. This Robot was rebuilt with parts from the original factory and features lighted spinning Kaleidoscope. Only 10 ever produced and was for sale thru Osaka/Metal House. The Robot walks forward with the touch of his 2 button controller the 2nd button controls lighted Kaleidoscope spinning in his belt. This version was for sale in June of 2017 the cost around $2,300.00

changeman1.jpg

changeman2.jpg

Changeman June 2017 vb.jpg

On 1/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

Thanks for your reply Roboto. it's just a little sad to destroy molds in order to justify very short run and such expensive prices. They should  have bettter sold them to some chinese compagny to produce some variations. I think making one of its kind and expensive robots aimed for  wealthy collectors is a bit strange. IMO, a sad way to say goodbye to toy making.

Totally agree.    I don't like this destroying the moulds business.   They don't need to destroy them to please collectors.   And I bet the Chinese would have bought them too.