New Metal House Bots.

Roboto

• 3 weeks later...

If only they had left the guns/doors alone this would have been a seller with its smoking head new design. Just having a front plate that has a light is not that great.

On 29/09/2016 at 5:10 PM, Roboto said:

If only they had left the guns/doors alone this would have been a seller with its smoking head new design. Just having a front plate that has a light is not that great.

oh yes for shure that sound much better

For those still looking for the first Astro one check out Robot Island!

Astro-One Robot Japan. New style battery operated robot from Metal House Japan. Robot stands 12" tall and features cylindrical head, classic 1960's rotatomatic action, doors that open to reveal lighted shooting guns.  Rare limited edition from Metal House Japan which is long sold out from the factory.

astroone-newbox_1024x1024.jpg

Also for those looking for the second Star Patrol  Its great to see these new MH robots for sale again. 

Star Patrol Robot II Japan. Extreme Limited Edition Robot. New honeycomb eye design with grill style mouth, as well as lighted chest, and Rotating upper body. Includes rare Art-Box.

starpatrolwithartbox-2_1024x1024.jpg

For those still looking for that Teal TV robot.

New Design from Japan with classic vintage appeal and action! Complete with "RI" Exclusive Box Art.  Television Robot stands 12" tall and walks with mechanical swaying arms, lighted scrolling TV screen with space scene, and moving antennas. New graphic box design! Color is a beautiful teal green!

tvrobot2010final_1024x1024.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The Evolution of the Star Strider Robot

Hi

The Star Strider Robot is one of the iconic best known japanese tin robots in the world, and i noticed there are some differences with it through years, I still do not know what year this first version began to be produced, I certainly need to know more about this.

the green one is now on its 4 generation, and it is the best selling color. So for what i noticed from this robot it was made by SH Horikawa and later became to a Metal House product, Is it the last version or maybe not ? 

Many replicas were made of this particular model from China with a much lower selling price and were painted with all colors. some are called Electron ME100, and the older ones Space Walkman Robot. So this is one of the best selling repros out there and they can be purchased from 27€ to 55€, the Star Strider Robot made in japan has a higher cost 12.000Yen to 13.000Yen new in box.

*The first one i saw had this army green paint and the eyes were like a red surroundings and yellow at the center and had gray boots and red dome.

*Second one called AIJI-01 had a green metallic paint and the eyes were gray surroundings and red and yellow at the center, gray metallic boots and red dome, and were added two more colors, solid red and light blue paint (smurf blue).

*Third one had 3 differences from the second version, had red boots and orange/yellow dome and litho gun was new with other color design.

*Fourth has red dome again and that is the only thing i could noticed to it.

Now what will happen to this robot, will Metal House still continue to produce this model in the future? Let's wait and see, but for now the green metallic color has already exhausted the stock.

400788422566.jpg

s-h-horikawa-vintage-robot-tin-star-strider-works-made-in-japan-4b1827940d0e3f8b5d8c02eccef039da.jpg

buriki-horikawa-star-strider-robot.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

I will make a prediction here and now-I think we will indeed see this robot well into the future with different names and boxes.Not even out of the realm coming from new countries also. I believe this to be the most mass-produced robot (swivel-o-matic) ever, with many left-over parts remaining as well as the machinery and common plastic gears to make them go on and on. The plastic doors are of course injection molded and the same holds true for them especially since the Space Evils used these doors when Metal House introduced them years ago with the Space Evil being a new version of the old Super Astronaut anyway. 

I'd love to see something NEW and unusual, variations of these robots have been around since the 60s...put a bullet in the molds already!  My opinion of course.

Yes we do need to see something different from MH the rotos with guns have had there glory run. The problem now is MH may be running out of parts since they have started to use the Star Striders up and the stock is now being sold out. I was going to buy a few of the Taro-Jiro line-up but have stayed away due to not wanting to repair them as they arrived or re-paint they just added front plates to the roto's and added smoke. I did like these 2 versions and have always liked to see the front clear panel with a driver inside. Who knows MH just may surprise us with something new and NOT SO COSTLY as a proto-type model.

metalhouse attacking robotblack.jpg

metalhouse gear adventurer.jpg

I am always temped to purchase one of these newer models but I back away like a dog that's been beat too much. At least the photos are nice to look at and free. And who really does know what the new Metal House will do in the near future...

12 hours ago, Tinman said:

I'd love to see something NEW and unusual, variations of these robots have been around since the 60s...put a bullet in the molds already!  My opinion of course.

Bill, you beat me to it. I love a good block-head robot, just as much as the next guy, but they are getting snooze-worthy, we definitely need some new blood...or, I mean, tin.