The World of Papa-San

Roboto

They also had this one to be sold as a Prototype with its white box Called Dr. Galaxy I believe there were at least 2 made with those clear head domes!

Dr galaxy prototype rc.jpg

dr galaxy prototype rc 1.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• RoboDerby

• Ranger

• Tinplate6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Roboto said:

Another unique found photo with Robby has wings!

fairy robot 1.jpg

This one was in the ended listings of the seller that I purchased the other Robert G. one-offs from. I could have had it if only I had discovered the seller sooner.

Thanks for posting these photos Roboto. The Dr. Galaxy really appeals to me. I'm familiar with a lot of Robert's work but this is the first time I've seen the Dr. Galaxy.

2 hours ago, Roboto said:

There was also the extremely hard to find rare comic book done by Robert! 

This would be incredible to find. Custom Creep and Dr. Satan are awesome as well. Thanks for digging up these photos and sharing Roboto

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I found a photo from a completed auction of another of Robert’s customs. According to the listing, this used to display in the Papa San office.

9DD119AC-1DF9-4433-8C7D-959E110B4DBC.jpeg.0f80c9cdaa8ad05e6d6f2248ca200b0a.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I'm intrigued by the production process of the Papa San robot.  Obviously, most of them were made from Ha Ha toys  or others chinese manufacturers  repro robots. I suppose they were directly customed by Robert Johnson. Did the chinese manufacturers produce parts M Johnson ordered with color specifications? Where does the head from the masudaya gang of four come  from? There wasn't any repros of the Masudaya at this size so did he make them produce especially for his projects and limited editions?