• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa-San sons

• Ranger

• Roboto

• Brian..

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have been watching Papa-San sales with there Prototypes to Customs to samples. I bought a few of there Astro Dooms. They have quite a few that were in there showroom display areas for many yrs. :biggrin:

post-856-0-07275100-1342221423.jpg

doom series.jpg

Hi roboto nice customs

Loving your work here btw - what no lava lamps !

Maybe we could make the thread anybodys papa-San robots or have a new one just for

The glory of Robert Johnson

It would be nice to see other papa-San robots

On 7/14/2012 at 6:04 AM, Papa-San sons said:

Hi roboto nice customs

Loving your work here btw - what no lava lamps !

Maybe we could make the thread anybodys papa-San robots or have a new one just for

The glory of Robert Johnson

It would be nice to see other papa-San robots

You have one very cool looking collection with the Papa-San robots. I like your Mathmos Telstar Lava Lamp goes very well with the collection. I will start a forum on Papa-San/ Comet toys of there robots past to present. I have a well over 200 pics just of this subject. :biggrin:

• 11 months later...

Hi all

Here are my new papa san beauties for you

Blue kintara patrol robot from r.g johnsons private collection in japan

post-1674-0-64696600-1372189872_thumb.jp

I like what Papa-San has done to the Robots with there color combos that really stand out. It has the pop-art look to them. :thumbs:

Welcome, Gary! I, personally love to see this site grow in every way, so thanks for helping with a new thread. That is quite the collection of Papa-San robots you have. I have been tempted to buy some over the last few years, but never have, that may change- I'm very curious, now that I have an avid Papa-San collector "on the hook", do you have some that you run much, and are they a quality product- solid, wobbly, paint job, etc ? and do the light bulbs seem to hold up or not? Please keep in mind I have never had one so I would just like to know, for future buying. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Thanks for your comments roboto

I really like what you have Ben doing with your threads and especially the papa San collection

And of course would be nice to see more samples that have been produced that are rarely viewed.

Your a class a act.

Hi ultra liking the name

As for papa-San I would recommend them, you could easily compare the quality of design and durability

To metal houses best products. I personally think you won't be disappointed that's of course if you can

Find any available that is. All the robots I have work very well, I only have one that the light don't work

So out of many I don't think that's bad. Most have been sitting on display previously and not been used. Most started straight up

And some needed a gentle nudge/tap

Why don't you try a mystery moon man for starters. If your really keen I'm sure someone on this site could point

You in the direction of some for sale. I know I would be interested in papa-San products

I did have a collection of custom sparky robots also but chose to sell them with great regret. They freaked the wife out

Anyway I look forward to seeing your purchase in the near future . Good luck

• 2 years later...

Just for an update, all but 4 of these papa sans are now in my collection. (not the ones in roboto's post)  Anyone got any they want to sell or trade, message me.:thumbs: