Space Evils Their History

Roboto

The brown Horikawa metallic paint finish are the rarest versions out there. As you can see at the time they even had those yellow front doors which we now see on other versions also.

p9a_on.jpg

p10a_on.jpg

p11a_on.jpg

p12a_on.jpg

p13a_on.jpg

p15a_on.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• palo

• ROBOHUNTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a look at the rare blue eye version along with the concept version  in that Horikawa brown metallic paint finish.

Concept 3.JPG

Fantastic lineup and photos. You have done an outstading job on the history of the space evils-my personal metal house favorite. Thanks, Roboto!

Thanks it was fun making the line up with Space Evils perhaps we may even see a few newer additions as MH/Osaka find new old stock parts before they close up there shops as it all ends.

• 5 months later...

In 2008 there was a very special set done on the metallic silver Evils done with the Anodized Blue and Red eyes with only 25 makes for each they had the rears stamped with numbers. I bought the set back then with #17 and #18 stamped on the battery plate. No other Evil had the #s stamped on them and those rare versions only came with a Bliking  certificate.  Later on a second set was released with 60 makes and they also came with the Bliking certificate they also sold out very fast. I am adding this very special information to this forum. Thanks Ultrarobotman  for bringing this information to my attention with his #29.

SE Silver blue eyes.jpg

SE Silver Red eyes.jpg

17.JPG

number 29.jpg

For those looking to buy the First version Space Evil done in Black from Metal House look for the Chrome Eyes with Chrome arm collars made for SunSeibu with its rare certified paper work with its number. The box should also have those staples holding the top lid the newer ones do not.

black_evil_001.jpg

1rst version blk.jpg

Here is a rare look a 2 very rare Space evil patrol robots painted in that Horikawa brown metal flake finish with there pilots and the inner lit control panels both version are prototypes with only 3 makes each. 

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here we have another version as MH slowly uses up last NOS parts. This Red version now comes with silver eyes along with those yellow doors.

Red evil s eyes2.jpg

Great photo's but why didn't MH do the Astronaut?   I thought they never reissued that as they didn't have the clear plastic visor anymore but it looks from the top right prototype they did have it.

I asked MH that question years ago and was told the cost to make it happen in that clear visor was costly and those versions like the clear Evil eye bots would have been pricey to buy. I had a opportunity to buy one and did the cost was almost $1,000.00 each. Both bots when lit had tiny colorful control panels behind the 2 pilots. MH made a choice not to do the Astronaut version to keep the price low and what a shame that was. They made 3 samples of each and ended it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, Roboto said:

I asked MH that question years ago and was told the cost to make it happen in that clear visor was costly and those versions like the clear Evil eye bots would have been pricey to buy. I had a opportunity to buy one and did the cost was almost $1,000.00 each. Both bots when lit had tiny colorful control panels behind the 2 pilots. MH made a choice not to do the Astronaut version to keep the price low and what a shame that was. They made 3 samples of each and ended it.

It is a shame and I'm really surprised it would cost that much just to add a clear plastic visor.   For a start many MH robots have clear plastic guns anyway.

The cost to make this happen was remaking the Astronaut head and then making a run on those full front visors. When it comes to clear guns only a select few had them on the Space Evils most are that orange color. MH could have made a run but as what we have seen the Astronaut run would have been at the $900.00 range.

MH had problems making the Clear thicker plastic for the Evil eyes since they cracked on those fold tabs and had to be just right.

Evil astronaut.jpg

evil evil.jpg