• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• palo

• ROBOHUNTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also finding an older evil with its red eyes and clear guns is rare most were done with the red eyes lit along with clear guns called  Mars Demon with only 6 makes at the time. The HorikawaRobot.com site listed on the pic is no more.

space_evil_upgrade_003.jpg

• 2 months later...

It is my understanding that there has been some particularly bad press being given about Metal House robots.  I own quite a few of these great machines and have always been completely satisfied with the outstanding quality and have never had a poor experience.  I do not know why someone would want to spread a rumor about Metal House misrepresenting themselves or their products and I come down squarely in support of this manufacture of great robots.

Sincerely, John

MH factory is no more there machines are now in museums for us to see what once was. MH has a smaller shop now and there new robots are made in very few numbers and they have started to call there Robots proto-types with there higher price tags now. I have sent back quite a few of there robots back due to the fact the paint spray is poor like on the Black Evils where they sprayed old new stock red and white evils with black and once they arrived you could see the red or white paint still there those areas were missed also the paint is not the same on the evils as they use NOS and then paint the other areas so we have a miss match. Quite a few also arrived non working or with there heads not properly attached this has all happen over the last year as they try to rush out there products. I own over 100 MH robots and most look great and work great however times are changing. Look at Osaka tin toy robots its been yrs since they have made a new version and now have joined MH as they use the remaining parts to make it happen. Hopefully there quality will get better with there new fighting robots. Have you bought a few of there new Space Evils and compared them to the older ones from 2006 thru to 2013 when they released there nice all White Space Evil which was done very well. Have you bought any of there new 2015 Items and if so what model. For now I have stopped buying there new robots because I got tired of returning them or fixing them to work. For me there last best robot was the Machine gun robot which worked out great and only needed the machine gun rata ta repaired since it could not be heard.

Well put, Roboto and I agree completely. You have summed it all up right there. The last good one I bought was probably the machine gunner but mine sounded ok. Being a dedicated fan of the older Metal House, I noticed things slipping well before the machine gun robot, sadly. And I have no plans to purchase any more unless things can greatly change with their quality.

Same for me unless MH changes the way they have begun to make the new limited proto-type robots with there higher costs. I am so glad I bought there older robots yrs ago when MH still had a production line to make great robots. I wonder if we will ever see new driver robots like the Metal frontier with its great ink paint finish and for under $200.00. On the last few Blk evils I bought as I was looking for that version #3 tin gun litho I ran into another quality issue the tin color on the gun inner panel were flaking and pealing off on the 1st one I got with the broken head and on the second like wise but no as bad this was very sad to see. The photos below show the 1st one circled. When I 1st got the evil as I removed the robot the paint peal started to fall out of the inner gun area NOT GOOD. The 2nd still had a slight peal issue but I kept it since why send it back for #3 with the same problems.

Gun 3.JPG

Gun 3 (2).JPG

• 1 month later...

Here is a photo on what the Space Evil would have looked like if they made a run with-out the outer doors. This version reminds me of a Martian fighting robot. :biggrin:

DSC06693.JPG

DSC06694.JPG

Yes, and also this was the simple and easier way of making a newer version of the super astronaut and they called it the swivel-o-matic astronaut back in the late '60's' 

SH_Swivel_O_Matic_and_box.thumb.JPG.f48e

• 4 months later...

Here is a photo on what a very few Space Evils had within the gun doors. They had started to use a few of the 3rd and perhaps last version of them. It would be nice to see a few more Evils from MH and yes I would buy a last run from them if it came with limited last run serial #s and paper work.:biggrin:

Red evil new.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As MH fades away we will see a few different types of Evil made using N.O.S parts and the front doors will have that yellow look to them.

Also with the addition of this Green Olive finish that was used by the Star Striders.

Green evil.jpg

blk evil.jpg

Red evil.jpg

Here we have a little History from the site called Attackingmartian.com that once was. I saved photos plus that were once done by Scott.

p2a_on.jpg

p3a_on.jpg

p4a_on.jpg

p5a_on.jpg

p6a_on.jpg

p7a_on.jpg

p8a_on.jpg