Space Evils Their History

Roboto

This will depend on what the inner litho with the guns look like. Once the evil arrives let us know what that litho looks like. Also if its the newer version then the blue paint will be different around the body area as seen above with the red version. Older version had the 1st version of the litho gun panel. Yes "metor demon man" has been called such in a few evils like this one in white from Japan.

metor demon man.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• palo

• ROBOHUNTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we have 2 photos of the original rare versions that came out around December 2007. The yellow and red fly eye ones had a make of only 5 each and they used the Horikawa Black/brown paint finish on them. They may appear on Ebay at times yet they still demand a nice price for there finish and quality. :biggrin:

space_evil_yellow_002.jpg

space_evil_blue_002.jpg

The paint smelled like fresh paint maby a little soft ,it is painted good but if i look with a magnify glass at the forehead is a small paint lump other than that it's very good.

the frontier i got was perfect and a bit of sparkle in it.

without the magnify glass i can't see the lump or drip so it's really in good quality all in all.

DSC02415.JPG

These do look great from your photos, guys. I wonder if the operation of these space evils matches the quality of the original releases of the evils a few years back which was superior. There have been some operational quality issues recently. I might like to get a new silver space evil if and when available if it runs as well as the first releases. I love that new painted metal smell, palo, great addition. I like the way the fresh smell stays in the empty box for awhile also! :thumbs:

I have all of the original color version and quite a few of the new versions. However the original versions were built much better outside and inside. The silver versions used the same great inner parts as the Horikawa brown evils and the green evils as well. There were problems with the newer Black-Red and White evils due to quality within and painting as seen in the Red Evil and Black Evil photos they do not match and I had to send a few back on the Black version due to paint and even head problems. I now see MH running out of production parts and things are changing . This is why I have not bought any of there newer looking Evils that are Vulcan or the white Meter one where they were once Evil bodies. They had great looking Silver evils with there anodized eyes which are sold out. Also the head ring collar is no longer Chrome finish more and more are now done as plain metal silver.

Red 1.JPG

DSC05518.JPG

Thank you, Roboto-that photo with the head off and your input sums it all up for me and ultrason. We personally are finished purchasing from M.H. which really has been finished itself for some time. The new robots they are throwing together most certainly look interesting to us but we run our robots , not just put them on a shelf and unless things change which they wont with all machinery and dies and such gone I guess we are really on a high scrutiny list now as far as major purchases go, forced into the same bracket as the more seasoned collectors here have been for a long whileIt is the worst feeling when the passion remains but the product is gone. :blub:

The two m.h. i got are pretty good no missmatch paint and runs smooth i know i'm gonna scratch and dent them pretty robots up ,

but i can't see the inside so i don't know whats in there.

don't rule out that of any product some might and well have a defect from time to time just return the bad one's

the metal frontier is a jewel really put together well i'm --afraid to touch it---- it's too pretty.

i'm happy to get the last ones before thier gone especially since i didn't have any.

this might be off topic but does the papa san have issues like mh or are most papa san consistant with quality?

MH still has old new stock with there robots like the Metal Frontier and there Explorer version those were painted very well and there inner parts are great. However MH has only a very few workers there and there major factory machines are no more so they have begun to offer robots made with NOS and at times there paint will be off and other parts will be quickly done and fall off like above. I have sent or had to repair way to many of there newly offered robots which should not be. There cost is also up there big time take a look at the Metal Frontier a great well done robot it walks-rotates-guns open up shoots and lights up for around $175.00 and compare it to the remake of the White meter and Vulcan for $275.00 I had a close look at the Vulcan and there seems to be a paint problem also and the head has those big puff ears covering part of the evil chrome ears not worth my time and $$$.

Papa-san has been very quite for a very long time nothing new since they released there Astro Zombie and there great looking Mystery Moon Man robot perhaps they also have ended there run like Planet Robot did with there great looking Zoomers and Radars and others.

Even with Papa-san I had to repair a few of them due to nono-working. 

So New Old Stock from MH is great and Osaka Tin toys like wise. 

Speaking of Osaka its been a while since they have done anything new they no longer make the Astro Boy robots as of 2013 due to there contract that ended such and the only new production run for January will be a re-release of the Mechanized  Robby in Nickel finish OT05NP with a run of 20 makes from old stock that they have found to make it so.

Check out MH site to see what they still may have as New Old Stock.

http://www.metalhouse-tokyo.com/product1-e.html

OT05NP.jpg

Here is a photo of my last Space evil with the 3rd inner gun litho version. This one has the same eyes as the white evil had and perhaps will never be seen again. The Black paint on this version I left alone even though on some areas the Red Evil still is. I also had to oil behind the gun litho the roto box was binding half way thru its roto cycle. If in the future I see a new MH bot that interests me and the cost matches its quality I may still buy. :biggrin:

14.JPG

13.JPG