Space Evils Their History

Roboto

Yes, thank you, Roboto. As for the boot color you are correct, as always. The color is almost always red for the shoes. For comparison I have shown my red Space Evil on the right and my son's newest on the left for comparing the shoe colors.post-1682-0-08034300-1367730207_thumb.jp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Ultrarobotman

• palo

• ROBOHUNTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice comparision. The Red and the Burgundy were the ones to have the gray boots. Looks like they have changed the gray color boots to a darker gray version on the new run. On the left Evil are the legs and arms a shade different with the red as to the body or is this just the flash photo. :biggrin:

post-856-0-45749200-1367795371_thumb.jpg

Well, thanks once again, Roboto. I am ashamed to admit, we did not see the shade difference in red for these two untill you mentioned it.( actually, we never placed them side-by-side before my pic) Yes , the one on the left , the new arrival, does in fact have a darker shade of red on some of the parts- good eye. I am folllowing with more photos, sorry I still havent got a better camera, however, I am looking at them right now and it appears that perhaps only one coat of the red was sprayed on this run, the COLOR seems to be the same, but the SHADE different, like you said, it is like I can see through to the metal or primer, through the coat of red paint. Thanks. and nice colors on your burgundy evil.post-1682-0-78162800-1367802510_thumb.jppost-1682-0-60658100-1367802588_thumb.jppost-1682-0-52434300-1367802633_thumb.jp this last pic is of my older red evil and if you look at the base of the ridge on the leg you will see a darker shade of red, just like on my son's bot.I now am convinced this is a spraying issue, not color. What do you say, Roboto ?post-1682-0-93617400-1367803120_thumb.jp not necessarily a good discovery but truthfully my photos really bring the difference out and we never would have noticed if not for you.? Cool. thanks..

It reminds me of the Patrol Robots that came in Red and Blue they also had some in different shades of colors thru out there bodies. More and more this reminds me that MH/Osaka is running out of parts needed to make the Robots in there colors and they need to repaint the needed ones to make due. On the White evils that I recieved one of them has that different shade of white. I left it alone since this was original MH factory. :biggrin:

post-856-0-61082600-1367883507_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

I recently spotted this rare Black version evil with its red shoulder collars and chrome fly eyes. The first known versions had all collars done in chrome and only a very few were made. MH started using red shoulder collars a few yrs ago with the New TV and the Meter robot and the last White evil had such. This version along with others have been selling very quick. :biggrin:

post-856-0-56899200-1391444732_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-11744900-1391444768.jpg

post-856-0-38272000-1391444778.jpg

post-856-0-33421400-1391444795.jpg

A truly outstanding example of a space evil. We own two of the whites and one each of the meter and new t.v., all with red collars, but have never seen this nice black version with the red collar and especially the rare chrome eyes, not even in the Bliking series. Nice to spot that one, Roboto! :thumbs:

For the collector looking for the very first rare run of Space Evils this is what came with them. They had the rare Bliking certified paper work along with the colorful card with the 4 Evils and there rare eye colors. Not many had the Bliking paper work however another type of certificate was made for the Evils that were done for the SunSeibu company by MH. This certificate was for the all Black Space Evil with its all chrome collars and for the rare Power Blue evil with its Red eyes. :biggrin:

post-856-0-51021500-1391990324_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-87710900-1391990338_thumb.jpg

post-856-0-18831700-1391990358_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Metal House is still making a very limited run on the Space evils. Here we have a version done in Black but its all about the tin Litho within the doors as they open up. This is there third series of a different look within the doors. :biggrin:

evil new.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Here we have the three versions of the inner gun litho panels. The first version panel was out there for many years on many evils and as the yrs went by that silver/Blk/Red looking panel was replaced with he second run done in yellow/white/blue which not many evils had at the time. There last new third version has that instrument cluster looking panel which for now only the Red and Black evils seem to have. :biggrin:

DSC05599.JPG

DSC05601.JPG

DSC05596.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

What the new MH Space Evil box looks like. There is now that trade mark in yellow on the bottom front left. The box is now shorter on the side and has the MH name and the sides are also different. The front now has the evil as a separate photo with its outer blue rim.  :biggrin:

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

We find that very interesting and exciting. Thanks for always keeping us updated, Roboto a shorter box I cannot imagine, they just seemed to fit in there before with the older boxes.

Part of the side graphic design is missing and the top part of the box is thicker. Hopefully a few more different looking Space evils will be out before they run out of parts. My second special Black version arrived after the first one had problems. From what I have seen the older versions of the evils were much better built and painted.:biggrin:

• 3 months later...

Thanks roboto for all info and pictures.

I just ordered a blue metal house japan from ri.

is this made from old stock parts?

this will be my first space evil. i hear thier also called "metor demon man"

spacevilblue_1024x1024.jpeg