Ray Gun Display Stands?

JohnA

My point, Joe, was avoiding the use of the hook part of the magnet completely. It seems a little dicey -- they don't fit the guns well, and converting them takes a lot of effort. Making one of Joe's acrylic stands takes some time, but is fairly simple and straight forward.

I like the idea of the ceramic magnets, as long as they're strong enough. That said, maybe only the lighter guns get stuck on the wall, while some of the heavier guns can sit on shelves using more traditional stands. There's a way to mix and match. Not only does this solve the weight problem, but it introduces some variation into the display.

Now that I think about it, JohnA mentioned the use of magnets when he came over to visit the Atomic Armory. Just want to toss that out there -- I'm riffing off some of his ideas, as well as yours, Joe, and want to give credit where credit is due. :)

Good ideas guys,

It looks like you can buy ceramic magnets with a 1/4 inch hole in the middle.

http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Page...NGSceramic.html

You could cut 1/4" acrylic dowels like I did and glue them in the hole and use rubber o-rings like I did on the dowels to keep the rayguns from sliding off. Because you don't have individual stands, you could fit more guns in the same space. Depending on the strength of the magnets you might not be able to support the old heavy metal guns , but should work well with the plastic and tin guns.

Archived